Cruise Moab 2024?! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:banghead: I totally forgot to set a reminder..... I signed up for the waitlist. I hope you guys got in..... I just set a reminder for next year to set a reminder to register. I will get this figured out. Oh well, one more year of building I guess. I could have worse problems.

Oh snap! Time to see who gets in and who has to run outlaw all weekend.

I am trying to have the 40 ready by CM24.
Trying! What’s this trying talk come on Drew get it together. none of this “try” stuff 😃

Last edited:
Trying! What’s this trying talk come on Drew get it together. none of this “try” stuff 😃
"Do or do not. There is no try" - Yoda

what do you CM vets recommend for a cruisy all day class 3-4 trail?
Planning at this point on tues-thurs kokopelli, then Friday or Saturday Fins&Things.

im gonna have to look at the list, but im planning on running kane creek. Rusty nail and golden spike are a a couple of others i'm told i need to check off the list.

and i have a couple of freinds trying to talk me into prickett canyon. likely gonna pass on that one.

just took the time off and im planning on being in the area April 16-28th or so

Thanks @use2bn83 !

What’s everyone else thinking about doing in Moab?
It'd be great to do another over-nighter. I did Lockhart in '22 and am thinking about San Rafael Swell this year.
I had to turn around on Porcupine Rim a few years ago (not a CM trip) and have always wanted to finish it. Done Hell's a bunch of times but not at night so looking into that. Top O the World is on my list too........
I'm hoping to be in town a few days early to beat myself up on my MTB before I beat up the Lexus. We need to have a 406 Run(s)!!!

top of the world is highly recommended. you gotta take the picture on the rock! 7 miles is another reasonably easy one. good payoff vs risk/difficulty. i think you smaller guys would be fine just careful dropping of ledges.

top of the world is highly recommended. you gotta take the picture on the rock!
Yep, see my avatar.......
Worthy of a repeat!
7 mile is a lot of fun too w/ a lifetime of views

top of the world is highly recommended. you gotta take the picture on the rock! 7 miles is another reasonably easy one. good payoff vs risk/difficulty. i think you smaller guys would be fine just careful dropping of ledges.
Totally, thanks for the info Aaron. Your 80 is gonna be ready to party on the real big rocks this year eh?

I’m a little apprehensive, in a good way, about top of the world, just gotta make sure I line up the trailer hitch for descending the ledge drops to save my plastic bumper.

@CCRider good call on the bike. its gonna be weird rolling to Moab without a bicycle but I am bringing running shoes

I’m a little apprehensive, in a good way, about top of the world, just gotta make sure I line up the trailer hitch for descending the ledge drops to save my plastic bumper.
George,
I have a skid plate that mounts in the trailer hitch. Got it for our Grand Cherokee but it didn't fit. If it fits on your rig its yours. Remind me tomorrow night....

is that the overhang rock? i cringe everytime i see cars on it. was on one of those in e mt. and had elk running under me and i couldn't get close enough to the edge to shoot down. got off it and went to a smaller one that was a couple hundred yards away. was on it for probably an hour when i heard the other guys start their 4wheelers. started to get off it and it broke off. lets just say i didn't escape unscathed from that one. right elbow did something and was flopping as i was trying to stop my decent then felt a pop or something like it went back into place. rifle barrel bounced off my jaw onto my shoulder blade and cracked both and finally i suppose it broke something in my right wrist as it was purple that night. went to the dr the next summer because i was tired of crying myself to sleep everynight, took xrays he laughed and said the left side shoulder is almost identical to the right side from my commercial fishing days and was basically told to suck it up. got an elk the next day and got the sob out by myself. i've gotten a phobia about those darn things since then and when i see the pics of guys parked on it over that canyon i can't hardly look at it.
if i don't forget the meeting tomorrow night i might bring a present for a 40 if anyone can use it. tired of tripping over it and will never use it.

I’ll try to get on your fins run Johnny!

Need a gunner?

I’ll try to get on your fins run Johnny!

Need a gunner?
I am good on a gunner but would love to have you along!

My 40 needs a ton done before Cruise Moab. Reseal rear main, Reseal Trans, Reseal Orion, Reseal rear diff, new distributor, new carb, wires, tune up... ya... need to get to work... oh and also need get a new skid plate on the 80 and get the parking brake working so it passes inspection too...

What's everyone else's prep look like? @ttFJC your prep doesn't count... we got it lol
PXL_20240211_202431714.jpg

I am good on a gunner but would love to have you along!

My 40 needs a ton done before Cruise Moab. Reseal rear main, Reseal Trans, Reseal Orion, Reseal rear diff, new distributor, new carb, wires, tune up... ya... need to get to work... oh and also need get a new skid plate on the 80 and get the parking brake working so it passes inspection too...

What's everyone else's prep look like? @ttFJC your prep doesn't count... we got it lol
View attachment 3558427
Just so we are all very clear. The LX made it the 700 miles to Denver and the shop. We drove around town to goto the brewery with Johnny and breakfast in the morning and right as we were pulling out of the breakfast place the lx was making very angry clanking noises. So it had to get trailer like ten miles back to the shop. But it made it to Denver. Turns out front and rear u joints were about to explode

IMG_2502.jpeg

Just so we are all very clear. The LX made it the 700to Denver and the shop. We drove around town to goto the brewery with Johnny and breakfast in the morning and right as we were pulling out of the breakfast place the lx was making very angry clanking noises. So it had to get trailer like ten miles back to the shop. But it made it to Denver.

View attachment 3558454
I can confirm this is true 😂🍻 talk about convenience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom