Cruise Moab 2013 May 1-4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, AJ and I did Fins and Things, Porcupine Ridge, Hell's Revenge, Top of the World, Gold Bar Rim to Golden Spike (to golden crack then turned around), Gemini and Bull, Arches National Park 4x4 trails, Long Canyon, and Sevenmile Rim. Here are various pictures.

Fins and Things

Hell's Revenge Group Friday

Last edited:

We were not allowed to run Hell's Gate therefore those above where NOT part of the group.

Golden Spike Cross

I don't understand. Why were you guys not allowed to run Hell's Gate?

Great pics though. :clap:

Just wait till you see our pics and video. Then you'll see why. Kevin did an awesome job on it. Everyone else in our group had an issue or two...

I don't understand. Why were you guys not allowed to run ****'s Gate?

Great pics though. :clap:

Hell's Gate, the Hot Tube, and I think escalator where accidentally left out of the permits and can't be run until the next "contract" in, I think they said, 2 or 3 more years. Purely an oversight from all sides.

I have more pictures, but I am about to have to pause to do my son's Arrow of Light ceremony for Cub Scouts. After that, I am going to bed. LOL

I also have several videos that I have to first upload, but youtube is being a pain and not letting me login.

They were damned!

And speaking of damned Kevin, his trailer may be totalled. I don't think he knows yet. He left it in Albuquerque. Damn!

They were damned!

And speaking of damned Kevin, his trailer may be totalled. I don't think he knows yet. He left it in Albuquerque. Damn!

Bummer to hear that he had to leave the trailer. I know he was going to try and push through to NOLA. Yes, it will probably be totaled. It really took a beating.

We ran Hell's Gate because we were not running with "Cruise Moab." We did our own thing. Which was great since we had a loose schedule and hardly any waiting on the trails.

:eek: :frown:

Last edited:
deleted: got the obstacle wrong

Last edited:
The obstacle in the video is not Rocker Knocker, methinks it's called Chewie.
Last time I was there I had to pull cable early, and from the looks of it, it has become more difficult. Hard to imagine now that Pritchett was just a dirt road a long time ago.

And the video is also a good reminder that folks ought to be wearing head protection on trails with obstacles like these. All my rockcrawler friends wear helmets for that stuff...

Rising Sun has done a great job working with the BLM to get the permit they have; there's a lot of pressure from environmental groups that would like to see entire trails closed for good, not just the optional obstacles.

Last edited:
yeah, I may be wrong - it was years ago :doh:

920403_10201232767285306_637301203_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom