Cruise Moab 2013 May 1-4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am going to try to do this one. if anyone else is interested, let me know.

I'll do my best. We are looking at doing thanksgiving week in Moab. My good buddy with the buggy grew up going to moab all the time. They go a few times a year. Id almost rather go to moab with a smaller group than a big organized event. Same with Ouray

I'll do my best. We are looking at doing thanksgiving week in Moab. My good buddy with the buggy grew up going to moab all the time. They go a few times a year. Id almost rather go to moab with a smaller group than a big organized event. Same with Ouray

I'm agree with the smaller group philosophy.

What's the temperatures like in May? I would love to do Moab/Summit, but I'd prefer some cool weather.

Ill have to wait until 2014 once school finishes we get a house and get married.

dontcha wanna?

I was talking to Ryan this morning, and he said that He i sconsidering doint the Lockhart Basin route from Monument National Forest to Arches before the event. It is the route Topgear us took in season 3 episode 6

Sounds great to me!

... doing the Lockhart Basin route ...
In terms of scenery, Lockhart Basin really is all that and a bag of chips. More to see than Moab itself; not a 'wheeling challenge except for a weird offcamber spot on a descent towards the Colorado River. The valley in the back of the first pic is Lockhart; the second pic is a view of the 'climb' out (going north towards Moab). If you look (very) closely, you'll find a blue FJC and a white 80 near the left margin :). And you'll get to drive Hurrah Pass on the way out to Kane Creek and Moab.

DSC_4260.jpg

DSC_4250.jpg

DSC_7091.jpg

Last edited:
Lockhart Basin is awesome :cool:

Michael and I took the trail north to south this year to get the off-camber spot out of the way early - it's much easier going uphill - fantastic views all around

it would be worth it to make it a two-day trip even and camp along the route somewhere - there is hardly anybody out there in that vast nothingness

Probably will not happen, but if anyone gets tired of the trails, we had a blast climbing and exploring the Catacomb Rocks.
DSC_0444.JPG

Sean and I also found Rim Village to have reasonable rates to rent a house or condo compared to the KOA campground.

Those trail names mean nothing to me and I still want to go :( it just sounds awesome.

How many miles?

This was my GPS for my return trip Moab to Lafayette.
P1030486.jpg

The Red Dragon on Top The World Trail, can't wait to go back.
P1030477.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom