Crazy clean 03 LX470 ... is this a leak? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I've been looking at this 03 LX470, it has one of the cleanest undersides I've ever seen. But it looks like there's some kind of leakage on the frame above the left rear wheel. Any ideas what that might be from?

t1SF6ell.jpg

Leak at top of shock where AHC hydraulic line connects, oil getting blown back of crossmember while driving? May need new O-rings... cheap fix just a little difficult to reach

could also be oil from valve cover gasket, most the time the bolts backs out over time, mine was leaking and bolts were finger tight. I had all the parts to replace the gasket and was in that deep so did them anyways. Others may have just tighten the bolts and move on.

Follow to see how high the leak is from where it's dripping.

could also be oil from valve cover gasket, most the time the bolts backs out over time, mine was leaking and bolts were finger tight. I had all the parts to replace the gasket and was in that deep so did them anyways. Others may have just tighten the bolts and move on.

Follow to see how high the leak is from where it's dripping.

Valve cover gasket leaks that run that far back the frame rail?

the PO of my truck left it leaking for YEARS, it was all over the skid plates and lower control arms. Good thing it scared away other buyers for a couple of weeks, and I bought it knowing it was a $60 fix or rear main seal, But followed it up above the headers so I had good odds.

35456459134_c4a279c957_z.jpg

36249195766_e608a65569_z.jpg

36249194016_a531828a03_z.jpg

That leak the OP was referring appears to have been caused by overflowing the gas tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom