For Sale Craiglist. 2006 land Cruiser 88k Miles NO NAVI! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I do not think a 2006 was available in the US w/o NAV. The weird steering wheel cover does not inspire
confidence as it should have a good condition wheel with the stated miles.

The first entry on the Toyota Owner's site is from Central Florida in 12/15 with 39K miles. Then it went to Oxford in MS in 4/18 with 85K miles. Summary does not list belt service, but that's not entirely unusual.

If the CL ad is not a scam, then this car was transported to CA within the past month. And somebody put 46K miles on it in the preceding 28 months.

Exterior color is shown as: Sonora Gold Pearl(4R3)

Condition of seats looks consistent with claimed miles, IMO. Underside and engine bay look pretty clean.

JTEHT05J962085148

Last edited:
I first saw this one offered in TN Feb 2016. It "looked" unbelievable clean and was my first eye opening to a NO NAV. I actually found a "for sale" ad out of PR, dated before being offered in TN.

At some point it had an "A" typical Dealership detailing, in where they airbrush interior and exterior damage (putting on the makeup). It's a technique used very often at Dealerships, that once you get home and really clean it, then the real condition shows through.

This has water damage in interior. Looks to me as if sunroof was left open in rain & sun, but could be flood damage. Seat leather took damage and has been sprayed as has been the door panels. These colored door panel are no longer available from Toyota. The console and carpet will need pulling to inspect for water damage. Water may have gotten into dash. Additionally drivetrain will need close attention to see if it was in standing water.

Seems seller just purchased out of MS, after extensive search for a no AHC rig for personal daily driver. Got it home and decided to sell for his own reasons.

Everything is fixable. I'd estimate 600 hours to bring this one back, more if drivetrain, internals of dash or floor pan are damaged.

Title also has issues.

Buyer beware!

Last edited:
I first saw this one offered in TN Feb 2016. It "looked" unbelievable clean and was my first eye opening to a NO NAV. I actually found a "for sale" ad out of PR, dated before being offered in TN.

At some point it had an "A" typical Dealership detailing, in where they airbrush interior and exterior damage (putting on the makeup). It's a technique used very often at Dealerships, that once you get home and really clean it, then the real condition shows through.

This has water damage in interior. Looks to me as if sunroof was left open in rain & sun, but could be flood damage. Seat leather took damage and has been sprayed as has been the door panels. These colored door panel are no longer available from Toyota. The console and carpet will need pulling to inspect for water damage. Water may have gotten into dash. Additionally drivetrain will need close attention to see if it was in standing water.

Seems seller just purchased out of MS, after extensive search for a no AHC rig for personal daily driver. Got it home and decided to sell for his own reasons.

Everything is fixable. I'd estimate 600 hours to bering this one back, more if drivetrain, internals of dash or floor pan are damaged.

Title also has issues.

Buyer beware!

Yikes. That sounds like a nightmare. Buyer beware, indeed!

Thanks for the info.

BTW: TB job was paid for by used car sales and they didn't do TB idler pulleys (so dumb). So plan on going back in replacing pulleys.

I just call it like i see it. Keep in mind I've yet to physically inspected. But even with issue I am interest as a project rig, it's what I do. This one just has its own challenges.

Last edited:
Looked at the first pic, and I could immediately see that the panel gap between hood and driver front fender is suspicious--color of paint variation as well. Then followed the thread along and saw the wonder of MUD--that so many of you also chimed in. I would stay far away from this one personally.

2001LC, how do you know it had water damage? And how do you know the TB idler pulley's weren't done?

I do my homework! Why do you ask?

I only ask because I was considering driving up from San Diego to Woodland Hills in consideration of buying that vehicle (until I read your post). The seller denies any water damage and says he has no knowledge of the specifics on the timing belt.

Steering away prospective purchasers...

I only ask because I was considering driving up from San Diego to Woodland Hills in consideration of buying that vehicle (until I read your post). The seller denies any water damage and says he has no knowledge of the specifics on the timing belt.

But even with issue I am interest as a project rig, it's what I do.

Lots of high-end cars get brought over from PR to mainland. With low miles, questionable service histories and the ever-present threat of damage from tropical storms and proximity to the ocean.

$0.02

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom