Cost of ownership; Fuel, and fluids. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's not for a school assignment.
For tires and hard parts, it's a pretty large number too.

20150515_1645005959.jpg

See, you gotta get the 800000mile free maintenance package from the dealer. Totally worth it.

Looking at the rpm gauge it would be a gas engine IMO.

This is gasoline. Solving (estimating) fuel efficiency at 12.5 mpg. Tires have been 31.0 x 10.5 since 130K, so we multiplied miles by 1.049 from that point forward. Also ran a hydrogen harvest/cool water inject for about 300K, effective at low rpm, but didn't produce enough volume to help at open throttle. Used a methane booster for about 50K, that made spot power but mostly sucked dollars out the exhaust. Original motor, head has never been off.

Wow that is quite substantial!. What does the rest of the truck look like? Does it look and drive like a 700K+ 25yr old vehicle or do people get into it and look at that number and say WTF?!

That's pretty awesome guys.

I hope to get this many miles on mine with out doing a major engine repair. It can easily be done with proper maintenance.

It is a TOYOTA after all..

Wow that is quite substantial!. What does the rest of the truck look like? Does it look and drive like a 700K+ 25yr old vehicle or do people get into it and look at that number and say WTF?!
It's starting to look and feel broke in. All stock TOYOTA except for the suspension, on my 3rd set of springs, with new bushings in those. Exhaust is going to need to be replaced soon from the flange back, but it's been zero repairs/timely maintenance for the 17 years I've owned it. Was rammed by a heard of deer and had to replace door panels, but no accidents. Replaced the windshield about 10 years ago, it leaked for a while, and it's now starting to rust near the bottom center, but otherwise truck is rust free.

20150515_14045959.jpg

Last edited:
20150620_111114.jpg

Progress update. The kids (grandkids) all arrive at a different number, ranges between $197,000 - 237,000. I've been camping/fishing for the past few months, 2500 miles a month is the current usage.

Yup. Smoked the original at @190K. Replaced with a factory new TOYOTA, money fell from trees in those days. Treated it with magic dust, has been fine since, but it's acting up a bit these past few years, a bit of slip at low rpm into 3rd.
Note, an indigo feasted on a bream pondside yesterday morning, I think she even winked as she backed away.

Chester,

Could only be one FJ62 like this. We met at Deo's place a little over a week ago. What about the longevity of the A440F, had to replace it yet?
And you were correct about the transfer case leak. I had replaced the rear seal, the front seal is now leaking. And I was concerned about the lack of passive underside corrosion coating, huh, no worries.

So that was YOUR 62 Deo was showing me...

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1434899653.890195.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1434899668.784523.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1434899691.238728.jpg

Usually just say it's my brother's truck, wannasellits and ihadajeepjustlikeit. But some times, like blondes or bikini's, I'll take the blame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom