coolant hardlines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All - I'm working on restoring my 82 60. I'll do an intro & project thread separately, but have a question for the group... I dug into the cooling system to replace all of the hoses. Since the cruiser has been sitting a long time the hardliners have rusted to the point of disintegrating. I checked Toyota and it looks like all of the coolant hardline are NLA. I did a bunch of searching and didn't find any sources for new.

Does anyone know of a source for the hard lines? As an alternative I was thinking about 3D printing them - has anyone done that and have a model for the lines? I'm a noob at 3D printing so not even sure where to look for a model???

Thanks!

Rodney

Hi All - I'm working on restoring my 82 60. I'll do an intro & project thread separately, but have a question for the group... I dug into the cooling system to replace all of the hoses. Since the cruiser has been sitting a long time the hardliners have rusted to the point of disintegrating. I checked Toyota and it looks like all of the coolant hardline are NLA. I did a bunch of searching and didn't find any sources for new.

Does anyone know of a source for the hard lines? As an alternative I was thinking about 3D printing them - has anyone done that and have a model for the lines? I'm a noob at 3D printing so not even sure where to look for a model???

Thanks!

Rodney
I don’t have an answer for your hard line NLA issue, but I will say that most of your 3d printed plastics won’t do well with pressurized water. The layers are not perfectly fused and would leak. Only a few would be appropriate for the temp (maybe ABS or ASA)

There are places that part out what’s left of FJ60. Even SOR.com still has some used parts. They might have what you need.
Your best bet would be to find good condition used parts. They’re out there- just takes some snooping around, patience and persistence to find them.

Some hard lines are still available. 15777B upper and lower oil cooler pipes are available from Toyota

1667766528179.png

1667766571914.png

1667766601403.png

@BurntToast good to know. I will continue to investigate that, maybe there are different materials that would be appropriate.

@OSS yeah, that’s probably the easiest solution but still ~40 yo so I figured I would try to find a new solution. But that may end up being the only reasonable choice.

@g-man I saw those, but of course those are in the best shape of my current pipes. Go figure.

I replaced my rear heater hard lines that run under the truck with 1/2 inch copper tubing. You can buy this in a 50ft coil at most hardware stores. I suppose you could use this to replace other pipes if necessary but you'd have to figure out how to secure it.

I replaced my rear heater hard lines that run under the truck with 1/2 inch copper tubing. You can buy this in a 50ft coil at most hardware stores. I suppose you could use this to replace other pipes if necessary but you'd have to figure out how to secure it.
That was my first thought before considering 3d printing them... when discussing this with my 18yo his comment was "just print them" :D Which is an intriguing idea since I of course have a number of other misc parts, mostly plastic that are disintegrating, so I figured I would see if I could come up with a 3D solution.

Though just fading them out of copper or brass or aluminum is still what I'll likely do if I can't source them somewhere if the 3D print option doesn't pan out. Glad to know you've done this with success.

Rodney

@Spike Strip - thanks! I should have been more clear in my original post. The oil cooler lines are still in serviceable shape, it's the rest that are toast. Tho I'll still probably replace those for good measure.

Replaced my hardlines with heater hose 2 years ago. No problems to date.

If you're game for removing the rear heater you can easily bypass it and remove a good chunk of the metal lines in that circuit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom