Cool cars and CLC chat (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_0707.JPG
Customer just picked up his generator in a bobbed Deuce. Very very cool. 55" Goodyears.

You can't make this stuff up.

Looks like those of us down here on the coast of TX are fixin' to get wet. Water and beer run tomorrow, if I can find any left. If it gets bad or we lose power for too long, I'm gonna show up on someone's door step with my youngins in tow. Fair warning.

Looks like those of us down here on the coast of TX are fixin' to get wet. Water and beer run tomorrow, if I can find any left. If it gets bad or we lose power for too long, I'm gonna show up on someone's door step with my youngins in tow. Fair warning.
snipped from an article...
A week ahead of the storm's landfall, Linda M. Dillman, Wal-Mart's chief information officer, pressed her staff to come up with forecasts based on what had happened when Hurricane Charley struck several weeks earlier. Backed by the trillions of bytes' worth of shopper history that is stored in Wal-Mart's computer network, she felt that the company could "start predicting what's going to happen, instead of waiting for it to happen," as she put it.

The experts mined the data and found that the stores would indeed need certain products -- and not just the usual flashlights. "We didn't know in the past that strawberry Pop-Tarts increase in sales, like seven times their normal sales rate, ahead of a hurricane," Ms. Dillman said in a recent interview. "And the pre-hurricane top-selling item was beer."

snipped from an article...
A week ahead of the storm's landfall, Linda M. Dillman, Wal-Mart's chief information officer, pressed her staff to come up with forecasts based on what had happened when Hurricane Charley struck several weeks earlier. Backed by the trillions of bytes' worth of shopper history that is stored in Wal-Mart's computer network, she felt that the company could "start predicting what's going to happen, instead of waiting for it to happen," as she put it.

The experts mined the data and found that the stores would indeed need certain products -- and not just the usual flashlights. "We didn't know in the past that strawberry Pop-Tarts increase in sales, like seven times their normal sales rate, ahead of a hurricane," Ms. Dillman said in a recent interview. "And the pre-hurricane top-selling item was beer."

I went to the store late last night and bought...strawberry pop tarts and beer. I'm a statistic.

Has anybody heard from @k9crazy

Seeing the news feeds and not knowing what part of Houston she lives, just wondered if her and the kids are ok. Prayers for everyone on the Texas coast.

Heck man, she's making the news. Running around in Kermit saving people and stuff. Got one lady out that was 38-39 weeks pregnant. There was even some footage if her pulling out some folks in an inflatable boat! Her house is fine and she is doing good work! Good on you Heather!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom