Cool cars and CLC chat (34 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

....just missed it. AND we* forgot your Bilsteins.

*I blame @woody
There's no unlike button. Lol just checking to see if anyone close to us is going to the summit that might grab em for me since Woody will be there.

holy****.jpg

Love the old LPs, momma gets a gold star for this one.

0708172038a.jpg

Hope everyone in Sunflower and Lefore Counties are doing okay. Awful thing that occurred.

IMG_2220.JPG

Bill's 4:1 AA gear set in his mini doubler couldn't stand up to the power of that Volvo EFI I6 (or it may have been the bolts backing off letting the case halves split :)

Last edited:
IMG_2221.JPG

Safety third! That's Joel Moranton holding the gear set as we got "creative" on a field repair to get the truck rolling again. Grinding the teeth off the low gear side allowed us to assemble the case with the correct 30 spline input but with a H-N-N shift capability. That was enough (barely) to get the truck to Rubicon Springs where we met up with Marlin who carried in a new 4.7:1 gear set. :)

Did I mention what a great time I had with these folks at Rubithon? Can't wait to go again!

We don't need no stinking gloves... :)

Other than self clearancing the muffler a bit the repair held up just fine. Full disclosure: Bill did most of the welding. I'm new to the two battery welding thing and wasn't confident in my weld quality.

Hopefully you took it to the driveshaft shop like that and asked them to balance it :hillbilly:

When in September and is that the same welder that I used in Clayton to weld your ujoint caps on that some dumbass broke when they spotted you into a rock?

Trying to work out a trip for the Marlin Crawler Roundup mid-Sept.

When in September and is that the same welder that I used in Clayton to weld your ujoint caps on that some dumbass broke when they spotted you into a rock?

No, that was Bill's new stick welder he put together. I had the ready-welder but we wanted to try the new set up. And at least I couldn't blame this one on you @Fireman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom