Connectors for Harness

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer

I am going to replace the rear taillights as the PO used some non-stocks that are not working very well.

Thses are wired in by hand and electrical tape.

I would like to put OEM style connectors on the existing wiring. Anyplace I can get those connectors? If not I guess I'll cut the connectors off the new lights and use the single wire connectors you can crimp on.

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
s-Moderator
Supporting Vendor

I have not found a place that sells the "toyota" connectors with the corresponding crimp and removal tools...that does not mean that they do not exist....only that I have not ever found them.

Good luck!

-Steve

I would steer clear of crimp on connectors. I have lots of them fail on me over the years. Now I solder and heat shrink everything I can. As far as plugs, I recently saw a rig where the guy used the 4 pin flat trailer light plugs. Although I think a cruiser needs 5 wires for each on a late model.

I buy the crimpons, cut off the plastic with a utility knife, and crimp the wire directly, then heatshrink over it. I have some old harnesses from which I can then steal the plastic sleeves where I need to.

AlaskanWheeler

SILVER Star

GM style pins are pretty nice and are available in variouse pin applications; that is if your not able to find the Toyota connectors. Waytek,Inc

spotcruiser

Geezer
SILVER Star

Ken,

You just need a couple of 4-pin connectors. The Packard 56 connectors work great. They don't have environmental seals like the newer OEM plugs, so I neatly pot the back side of each connector with Ultra-Gray and they are effectively weather-tight.

Let me know if you want a couple. The shipping is almost more expensive than the parts.

Todd Bull.

IDave said:
I buy the crimpons, cut off the plastic with a utility knife, and crimp the wire directly, then heatshrink over it. I have some old harnesses from which I can then steal the plastic sleeves where I need to.
They do make these with the shrink already on them. We use them on the boat, source IIRC is Granger or McMaster.

Top Bottom