Connectors for Harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
I am going to replace the rear taillights as the PO used some non-stocks that are not working very well.

Thses are wired in by hand and electrical tape.

I would like to put OEM style connectors on the existing wiring. Anyplace I can get those connectors? If not I guess I'll cut the connectors off the new lights and use the single wire connectors you can crimp on.

I have not found a place that sells the "toyota" connectors with the corresponding crimp and removal tools...that does not mean that they do not exist....only that I have not ever found them.

Good luck!

-Steve

I would steer clear of crimp on connectors. I have lots of them fail on me over the years. Now I solder and heat shrink everything I can. As far as plugs, I recently saw a rig where the guy used the 4 pin flat trailer light plugs. Although I think a cruiser needs 5 wires for each on a late model.

I buy the crimpons, cut off the plastic with a utility knife, and crimp the wire directly, then heatshrink over it. I have some old harnesses from which I can then steal the plastic sleeves where I need to.

GM style pins are pretty nice and are available in variouse pin applications; that is if your not able to find the Toyota connectors. Waytek,Inc

Ken,

You just need a couple of 4-pin connectors. The Packard 56 connectors work great. They don't have environmental seals like the newer OEM plugs, so I neatly pot the back side of each connector with Ultra-Gray and they are effectively weather-tight.

Let me know if you want a couple. The shipping is almost more expensive than the parts.

Todd Bull.

IDave said:
I buy the crimpons, cut off the plastic with a utility knife, and crimp the wire directly, then heatshrink over it. I have some old harnesses from which I can then steal the plastic sleeves where I need to.

They do make these with the shrink already on them. We use them on the boat, source IIRC is Granger or McMaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom