Condensation Leak inside (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can you someone direct me to the thread, discussing water on front passenger side floorboard from the A.C.? I am sure it is a tube, pipe, etc. clogged.

Thanks
Grouseman

ttt

Grouse,
not sure what thread you are looking for, the ac drain tube is on the outside of the truck. should not be draining inside at all. On mine (92) the tube is just behind the ps frt tire and is about 3/8" outer diameter.
condensation build up inside is more likely the sun roof drains than ac build up.
Dave

Well the water is collecting at the right front section of the passenger floorboard. So you think it could be the drain for the sunroof? Will check to see if I can find any hoses under the dash tomorrow.

GM

ttt

Look for the condensate drain tube on the engine side of the firewall - low on the passenger side. Stick some wire up there and see if you can unblock it.

If it is blocked, the condensate can back up and reveal itself in the area you describe.

I don't have a sunroof on mine, but from what I've read here I think it drains into the rockers through the kickpanel - so the "right front section" of the footwell could also describe that area too.

Eric

Grouseman said:
Can you someone direct me to the thread, discussing water on front passenger side floorboard from the A.C.? I am sure it is a tube, pipe, etc. clogged.

Thanks
Grouseman

search water, floorboard....or sunroof drains...

ttt :rolleyes:

"Teach a man to fish...."

Grouseman said:
Will check to see if I can find any hoses under the dash tomorrow.

The sunroof drains are inside the front kick panels; both sides. They are black (?) hoses and ~1/2" ID

-B-

Last edited:
Guys,

Thanks for all the help. Will check her out this weekend.

Grouseman

TTT=Take To Top (or BTT, Back To Top)

When you have forum software that marks new posts to a thread, this is a way for someone to take it back to the top. Generally considered bad form.

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom