compression ck 72 1F motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just purchsed 72 with 1f motor are these compression numbers any good? 125-125-130-130-125-135 it has 116000 miles

i read that the compression is suppossed to be between 140 and 160, but are these numbers so low that I should have a valve job right away, or is it ok to hold off for a while?

thanks in advance for any help!

just purchsed 72 with 1f motor are these compression numbers any good? 125-125-130-130-125-135 it has 116000 miles

i read that the compression is suppossed to be between 140 and 160, but are these numbers so low that I should have a valve job right away, or is it ok to hold off for a while?

thanks in advance for any help!

How did you do the compression test? Warm, cool, throttle plates blocked open, how many revs on the starter? You should also do a wet test, too. Your numbers, however they were recoded will result in a problably smooth running engine with decent power.

GL

Ed

Yup, those are pretty balanced numbers. You could run some Seafoam through the system and maybe work loose some stuck rings or decarbon the valves a little and maybe see some improvement, but I wouldn't go tearing into an engine with those numbers!

And like Ed said, you could do a "wet" test, adding some oil to the cylinders before checking compression to see how worn your rings are...

Run it, it'll go years with those numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom