comments on CCOT HFS suspension (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hmmmm...

I've had them (HFS) on since April '07. They are sweet. :clap:

It is amazing what can be posted... Unfortunately, we are forced to respond to prevent so much one sided misinformation from being published and causing damage to the otherwise great reputation of the HFS "Lift " Spring -

The springs that Radd refers to are not even the heavy duty HFS "Lift" Springs that we sell today or the springs that this thread is about. They were a rear pair of much lighter duty HFS "Leveler" Springs (discontinued) which were designed to level the rear of a stock FJ60/62. HFS "Leveler" Springs are not at all apples to apples to the much heavier HFS "Lift" Springs, either in function or price. "Leveler" Springs (2 rear springs) were made to level the rear of a sagging FJ60/62. HFS "Leveler" Springs have been discontinued since 9/19/2004.

Compare the HFS "Lift" Springs to the much flatter HFS "Leveler" Springs.

Springs-Leveler-Disc.jpg

The Canadian Customer referred to by Radd purchased (2 ea.) FJ60 HFS rear "Leveler" Springs (not HFS "Lift" Springs - 4ea.) and 2.5" extended shackles to try to make up a cheaper lift equivalent to the HFS lift height. Not looking at his specific order, I think I also remember him ordering taller (than factory) Lift Shocks that might be too long for "Leveler" springs. He did not purchase our HFS "Lift" Springs. He was trying to build an equivalent lift to the HFS lift, but for much less money @ close-out prices. He was told prior to purchase that HFS "Leveler" Springs don't have near the lift (free height) as do the HFS "Lift" Springs and that taller shackles /shocks would not make up the height difference he was trying to achieve. CCOT (Gaylon) tried to talk the Customer out of this set up, but it was like the Customer thought we were trying to steer him away from his smarter concocted lift to sell him the more expensive HFS "Lift" Springs.

This Canadian Customer insisted he wanted the HFS "Leveler" Springs anyway, and we agreed as long as he agreed that there would be no returns if this "Jerry Rigged Lift" did not accomplish the lift height he wanted...

It's very expensive to ship heavy springs from TX to Canada and we did not want him asking us to be responsible for return shipping, because we believed this set up may not work and we told him so. He agreed to the terms and conditions of his purchase being a final sale due to his experimentation. Now we read about him being wronged by CCOT, who could not have done more to discourage his attempt to "Jerry Rig" Leveler springs, shackles and shocks into a Lift kit.

Our lift spring formula for the HFS FJ40 - FJ60 - FJ62 springs has proven to be excellent and no modifications have been made to these spring lift formulas since 12/11/03. Changes may be made to the formula in the future as long as it does not compromise the success of our current spring formulas. It cost plenty to get these springs correct and we are slow to make changes to formulas that we know work.

We are defenseless, however, against one sided stories unless we respond. One sided stories falsely lead others away from products that they absolutely would benefit from. Our HFS "Lift" Springs are mounted on all of our STOCK Land Cruiser test vehicles and they all sit squarely with proper shackle angles and have comfortable rides...

Thanks - CCOT

P.S. Who is responsible for Libel publications against a business? (Libel being false publications / writings in print that damages a business or product's reputation)

thank you for your reply CCOT, i now know to take my buisness elsewhere for hard to find pieces or simply go through the process of making my own products. Rob may have been a little bit to up front in his opinion, but when the first thing u do is go running for ur lawer....na, ill deal with stand up buisness people who would have the class to speak to the person privately.

regarding the lift spring question, have you considered a spring over? i know it is not on your list and is a bit more work....might be worth giving thought to...just another option, or i have heard good things about alcan springs (have heard of i think 1 istance where there was a mix up, however they did make it right.). from everything i have heard....a great company who will build springs to YOUR vehicle and your specs if you take the time to give them the info that they need to build from.

overpriced, stiff, center pin breaks off afrer a couple years of wheeling-not fun when u are on the trail.

i had the same questions but I went with the Hell Creek 4" lift. It is great and about $300.00 cheaper.

3.5 years later.... ;) talk about a necropost....

I have had HFS springs on my 40 close to a year. The ride is still very stiff and when I went on a weekend trail ride with my club they told me that my 40 had zero flex. I felt that there wasn't because there was one moment when I felt that the 40 was going to roll when it should have been flexing. They do look good though. I regret not going with OME. On another note the leaning correction shim caused my cruiser to lean. When we too the shim out the lean went away.

I have had HFS springs on my 40 close to a year. The ride is still very stiff and when I went on a weekend trail ride with my club they told me that my 40 had zero flex. I felt that there wasn't because there was one moment when I felt that the 40 was going to roll when it should have been flexing. They do look good though. I regret not going with OME. On another note the leaning correction shim caused my cruiser to lean. When we too the shim out the lean went away.
I installed the HFS 4 inch while doing a frame off rebuild for the last 2 years. I just recently got her in driving condition and have 100 miles on her. I have a noticeable lean passenger side low (gas tank & spare tire side). Would removing that leveler spring help?
I also have the brand new OEM relay rod rubbing against the driver shock. I called several times and CCOT is not good about returning calls. After spending a lot of money with them, I told I had to speak to "Chuck". Once Chuck finally came to work, and I was able to talk to him, he just kept telling me their truck with this lift doesn't make contact with the relay rod.

I installed the HFS 4 inch while doing a frame off rebuild for the last 2 years. I just recently got her in driving condition and have 100 miles on her. I have a noticeable lean passenger side low (gas tank & spare tire side). Would removing that leveler spring help?
I also have the brand new OEM relay rod rubbing against the driver shock. I called several times and CCOT is not good about returning calls. After spending a lot of money with them, I told I had to speak to "Chuck". Once Chuck finally came to work, and I was able to talk to him, he just kept telling me their truck with this lift doesn't make contact with the relay rod.
You must have bought the HFS shocks too then. That is a common problem and that is why I opted for the Bilstein shocks.
I would take the leveling shim out. It got rid of my lean but the shackle angle is different now from the side the shim came off of.

It is amazing what can be posted... Unfortunately, we are forced to respond to prevent so much one sided misinformation from being published and causing damage to the otherwise great reputation of the HFS "Lift " Spring -

The springs that Radd refers to are not even the heavy duty HFS "Lift" Springs that we sell today or the springs that this thread is about. They were a rear pair of much lighter duty HFS "Leveler" Springs (discontinued) which were designed to level the rear of a stock FJ60/62. HFS "Leveler" Springs are not at all apples to apples to the much heavier HFS "Lift" Springs, either in function or price. "Leveler" Springs (2 rear springs) were made to level the rear of a sagging FJ60/62. HFS "Leveler" Springs have been discontinued since 9/19/2004.

Compare the HFS "Lift" Springs to the much flatter HFS "Leveler" Springs.

Springs-Leveler-Disc.jpg

The Canadian Customer referred to by Radd purchased (2 ea.) FJ60 HFS rear "Leveler" Springs (not HFS "Lift" Springs - 4ea.) and 2.5" extended shackles to try to make up a cheaper lift equivalent to the HFS lift height. Not looking at his specific order, I think I also remember him ordering taller (than factory) Lift Shocks that might be too long for "Leveler" springs. He did not purchase our HFS "Lift" Springs. He was trying to build an equivalent lift to the HFS lift, but for much less money @ close-out prices. He was told prior to purchase that HFS "Leveler" Springs don't have near the lift (free height) as do the HFS "Lift" Springs and that taller shackles /shocks would not make up the height difference he was trying to achieve. CCOT (Gaylon) tried to talk the Customer out of this set up, but it was like the Customer thought we were trying to steer him away from his smarter concocted lift to sell him the more expensive HFS "Lift" Springs.

This Canadian Customer insisted he wanted the HFS "Leveler" Springs anyway, and we agreed as long as he agreed that there would be no returns if this "Jerry Rigged Lift" did not accomplish the lift height he wanted...

It's very expensive to ship heavy springs from TX to Canada and we did not want him asking us to be responsible for return shipping, because we believed this set up may not work and we told him so. He agreed to the terms and conditions of his purchase being a final sale due to his experimentation. Now we read about him being wronged by CCOT, who could not have done more to discourage his attempt to "Jerry Rig" Leveler springs, shackles and shocks into a Lift kit.

Our lift spring formula for the HFS FJ40 - FJ60 - FJ62 springs has proven to be excellent and no modifications have been made to these spring lift formulas since 12/11/03. Changes may be made to the formula in the future as long as it does not compromise the success of our current spring formulas. It cost plenty to get these springs correct and we are slow to make changes to formulas that we know work.

We are defenseless, however, against one sided stories unless we respond. One sided stories falsely lead others away from products that they absolutely would benefit from. Our HFS "Lift" Springs are mounted on all of our STOCK Land Cruiser test vehicles and they all sit squarely with proper shackle angles and have comfortable rides...

Thanks - CCOT

P.S. Who is responsible for Libel publications against a business? (Libel being false publications / writings in print that damages a business or product's reputation)

I know this is a really old thread but I got HFS kit for my FJ60 from CCOT and with the 4x4Labs rear bumper and a RTT the rear of my FJ60 sits 4" lower than the front, the HFS shocks are fully compressed and CCOT has no fix or recommendations other than s***canning the HFS and putting in Old Man Emu Heavy duty springs. The HFS are maybe ok for stock FJ60 but anything heavier such as RTT or heavy duty rear bumper with oversize fuel tank and forget it. NFG. I wasted my money. I have ordered EMU heavy duty springs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom