Color match paint sources (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m looking to repaint some bumpers to match my 99 LC. Does anyone know of a source online to buy bulk paint for spraying that’s not paintscratch? It seems like their prices are a little high for the quantity of paint you actually get.

I’m new to painting body sections. Does this typically match up to the original paint colors? I was going to spray using my compressor but aerosol cans would be way easier for sure. I’ll look into it, there’s a PPG and Sherwin Williams close to me.

Use your compressor and do it right if it’s a daily driver and you want it to look good. Any paint shop can mix you a pint or whatever you need. The match will be as good as the quality of paint you chose and the amount of UV damage to your existing paint. The Possible UV damage will likely be the bigger factor.

This is what I did. I had a local sherwin williams automotive finish shop near my place of work mix it up for me. We will see soon enough. I need to sand blast and por15 the bumper first as soon as it stops raining.

This is what I did. I had a local sherwin williams automotive finish shop near my place of work mix it up for me. We will see soon enough. I need to sand blast and por15 the bumper first as soon as it stops raining.
Lucky to have a good friend mechanic here as well that is good at mixing paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom