Color decsisions decisions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am liking 9 then 5. I have always wanted something Burnt Orange. But I have always envisioned my 81 entirely in flat black liner. I will be pulling the trigger on the project once the white stuff is gone.

If :princess: likes white, why not do some liner on the bottom half, or the flare lines...

Like another poster said, don't make your final decision on this peanut gallery, go with your gut, or else you might not be happy in 6 months.

Cheers

Doug

Im a huge fan of the 55 series color sceme where the body crease separates the colored bottom half from white top. You can see this LC DNA in the 80 too as it also has this crease in the body. My vote is for a not-too-dark color of your choice with the white top.

I'm gonna agree with Socal's sage advice. If you're going to keep it and the rig is going to be your personal statement then don't pick the color by committee. I asked some of my buddies and family what color to paint the newest member of our fleet and got a lot of thoughts. But nobody liked what I decided on, even though I had a color chip a foot square done and left it taped to the door to let it sink in. I opted to stick with this choice and when I rolled it out of the garage people were speechless at how cool it looks. This is the FJ Cruiser body and roof colors. I cannot drive the thing around without people wanting to take pictures and I about get mobbed at coffee shops. So pick what works for you and damn the torpedoes, I say:

IMG_1198.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom