Clutch slave issue (custom set-up) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruisermatt

Un-manufacturable
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cruisermatts.com
Hey guys, this is in my FJ62 but seeing as it's mostly 40 parts I figure I'd be better of asking here.

Here's my current setup:
3-speed bellhousing
2F flywheel, pressure plate, clutch fork, and clutch slave and master. (Slave/master are 81-84 version)

Slave is mounted on 3-speed bellhousing via 81-84 FJ60 bracket.

Here's my issue:
The pedal feels fine but I'm not getting even close to aenough travel out of the slave to fully free the clutch disc. I have the rod adjusted so the throwout bearing is loosely touching the pressure plate teeth. Should I be using the 3-speed slave? Bracket?

Here's some pictures if it helps. Thanks for any input

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Bump?

The slave shaft needs to be adjusted to FSM specifications.

First pedal adjustment
clutch-adjustment-jpg.471719

Second Slave rod adjustment
clutch-adjustment-03-jpg.471720

Last edited:
I don't have issue with play in the way the FSM describes it (up/down).

It isn't pushing the clutch fork far enough to disengage the clutch disc.

Is the throw-out bearing supposed to be under constant pressure again the pressure plate when the clutch pedal isn't being used? Or is it supposed to have some wiggle room?
I have it set up for the latter.

It isn't pushing the clutch fork far enough to disengage the clutch disc.

Is the throw-out bearing supposed to be under constant pressure again the pressure plate

Adjust the slave push rod according to specs and the clutch will disengage completely, but first check the pedal height and free play adjustment, you must do both adjustments.

No the clutch shouldn't under constant pressure.

It sounds like the issue is lack of throw (push) distance from the slave cylinder?...If using the 3 speed bracket and slave give the correct throw (allowing for correct adjustment) give it a go.
It could also be a pivot ratio issue between the 2F fork and the 3 speed bellhousing .

It sounds like the issue is lack of throw (push) distance from the slave cylinder?...If using the 3 speed bracket and slave give the correct throw (allowing for correct adjustment) give it a go.
It could also be a pivot ratio issue between the 2F fork and the 3 speed bellhousing .

That is 100% the issue.
My slave and bracket are from a 2F. Everything is 2F besides the bellhousing.

I have that setup and it works fine . In the first picture it looks like maybe the pressure plate isn't tightened all the way down ?
I have that setup and it works fine . In the first picture it looks like maybe the pressure plate isn't tightened all the way down ?

Ok, it's official, I'm a moron. Pressure plate wasn't tighted down, the bolts I used were too long and bottomed out giving a false torque reading. Everything works great now. :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom