Clunk when turning FJ62 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a "Clunk" or Popping noise when turning into a driveway or up an inclined street or drive. I plan on replacing the tie rod ends hoping to tighten up the steering. However is there a set of rubber bumpers or any other part that would be good to replace that could be causing the noise? Thanks appreciate the advice.

Stock or aftermarket suspension? Are the shackles greaseable?

You can have someone turn the steering wheel slightly back and forth and watch the tie rods for play. Based on your description and hearing the noise when the suspension is articulating I would bet shackles/springs over steering components.

That said, if the age and condition of the tie-rods / ball joints are unknown, it's never a bad idea to replace them!

Stock or aftermarket suspension? Are the shackles greaseable?

You can have someone turn the steering wheel slightly back and forth and watch the tie rods for play. Based on your description and hearing the noise when the suspension is articulating I would bet shackles/springs over steering components.

That said, if the age and condition of the tie-rods / ball joints are unknown, it's never a bad idea to replace them!
Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom