Climate control instructions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D

Docmallory

Ok, I ended up with a 40th Anniv with the much maligned climate control system. So, I then sat down with the trusty owner's manual and expected to read about how it works...

Nothing. Just some vague info about the non-auto climate control.

I did the usual search here, but found nothing particularly helpful in figuring out how this thing works (or doesn't).

I'm assuming the LX450 manual would cover this. Anybody know for sure, or know the ins and outs of this thing. Basic question is "what does the yellow light on the Auto button mean?"

And on a related note - it looks like one of the bulbs behind the climate system is out. How big a deal is this to take apart?

I appreciate any help,
DocMallory

The green LED under the auto button means that it is in AUTO mode. ...That is vents front and center, and AC (if needed.) When the LED is yellow it means that you touched one of the other buttons and it is no longer in AUTO.

First, arrange an exorcism. If that doesn't work then you have to learn to assume the position. One hand on steering wheel - thumb and forefinger of the other hand tightly gripping the temp slider ready to spring into action.
IIRC, yellow light on auto - your on manual - demon not released.
green light on auto - your on auto - demon released.
As far as the bulb goes, it's a simple job. You just need to pull the center part of the dash and the climate control comes with it. There should be some threads on radio install or CB install that would have the steps.
Sorry, this is the best I can do. I have a 40th but have not run it in over a year so this is just from memory. Hope the climate control nightmares don't come back now that I talked about it again. :D

Bill

Bill,

I would have thought that you would have been tired of riding the Llama to work by now and had the Cruiser burning gas....... ::)

them round-to-its are getting harder to come by :flipoff2:

I kinda recall moms 97 has a seperate manual for the CC...........which I(and her more than me) HATE in the 80, Toyota has replaced EVERY part of the CC system.........still works screwy! Finaly gave up and live with it. Now I will say the 100's CC is MUCH better(so far) IMOP, simple to use, easy to override, works as it should.

John H

Dan,

Since the Llamas are ruminators they get better "gas" mileage.

Bill

my 96 LX450 manual is identical to the above except for the page #'s and instead of bland and white it is black white and pink ::)

Hey, thanks for the pictures. That helps a lot.

Okay, so I went out to the garage and played around with it a bit more... Let's assume I turn on my truck and it's on AUTO. I then change the fan speed, turn off the AC, and switch the panel selector. Now, do those settings stay the same, even if I turn off the vehicle and turn it back on? The AUTO feature won't pop back up by itself and try to hijack things, right?

The manual shown in an above post states that if I change a setting, the AUTO function (now in yellow mode) will still be screwing with the other settings in the background as it sees fit. I'm just looking for a way to minimize the amount of meddling and to approximate a truly manual setting as closely as possible.

Hi Docmallory,

You've pretty much described the working of the system except that the system defaults to outside air every time you start the car - regardless of the state.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom