Clean solutions for securing water bottles? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also, the original inserts we made that fit inside of the OEM cup holders will remain unchanged. Here are links to the old style cup holders for folks who want to see pics of those.

Here are the inserts I was talking about:

Here is the single flask design with standard 2nd cup holder. This prototype was just shipped out a couple days ago so I will have installed pics of it soon. We have both versions designed for the 08-15 and the 16-21 consoles.
View attachment 3126013View attachment 3126016
My request would be to offer the combo with the larger size on driver-side. Why? Because kids never drive…and drivers tend to with shorter passengers. ;)(there are exceptions) So if one is gonna be bigger/smaller….put the bigger one on driver. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Or… Consider offering a mirrored side/size choice…?

I like that its now taller-than flush. With the arm rest so much higher anyway, there’s really no down side to that.

Last edited:
It's been a while since I have posted here but it's time for an update. This inflation thing and the economy has been rough. We have worked extremely hard to NOT increase our prices over the last 2 years even when everyone else has been. So far (fingers crossed) we have managed to not increase pricing on anything. We still make everything in house and our raw materials are all American made. With those facts we are starting to make changes across the board to all of our designs. We are making improvements and adjusting for the changes in containers on the market and at the same time trying to make production more cost effective to account for the insane price increases in our raw materials. For the 200 series crowd we are redesigning the drop in unit cup holder. The old design was great for Nalgene and Hydroflask bottles but was a tiny bit too small for the newer and larger Yeti containers. Stupid Yeti keeps making their bottles bigger and bigger. We have decided to ditch the removable inserts and go with a two stage hole that can accept the standard fast food cups AND the 20/30oz Yeti Tumblers PLUS accept the large Hydroflask and Yeti bottles. It gives you the ability to hold just about anything without the hassle of the removable insert. Our old designs will be phased out at the end of October and the new design will go on our websites on 11/1/22. If you like the old style more then order in the next month. If you like the new style more then sit tight for one more month. I am posting now so folks who like the old style more have at least some time to still order that before we discontinue it. We are always open to making the old style but you will need to reach out to us with that request and it will have to be made. That will delay shipping about 4-5 days. Here are some pics of a prototype and CAD file images. Remember it's a prototype so it's not perfect and there will be improvements on the final finish.
View attachment 3125997View attachment 3126004View attachment 3126009

View attachment 3126008
Genius! Can’t wait to get one!

My request would be to offer the combo with the larger size on driver-side. Why? Because kids never drive…and drivers tend to with shorter passengers. ;)(there are exceptions) So if one is gonna be bigger/smaller….put the bigger one on driver. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I like that its now taller-than flush. With the arm rest so much higher anyway, there’s really no down side to that.
These can just be turned 180 degrees before inserting right? They will fit either way? Not that your point isn’t valid Mark, because you still might want the phone slot and key holder to the front or back depending on which way it’s spun around.

FWIW, the older version of this cupholder I have cannot be flipped 180 degrees, the passenger side has a downward curvature that doesn't match the driver side.

These can just be turned 180 degrees before inserting right? They will fit either way? Not that your point isn’t valid Mark, because you still might want the phone slot and key holder to the front or back depending on which way it’s spun around.

No.
The contours are not compatible when turned 180.

We tried every combo of orientation. As the driver I didn't like the larger hole being closer to me and being in the way of my phone and smaller hole. My wife is the Nalgene bottle queen. She carries it with her everywhere so she wanted that option on her side. There is also an obstacle under the cup holder on the passenger side that leaves a recessed cut and curvature on the cup holder which meant I could not fit the phone slot on the passenger side. I was drastically limited in space and had to work within all the obstacles that are down in the hole under the OEM cup holders.

Last edited:
Looks like folks have already answered this correctly. These cup holders are side specific and not reversible.

We tried every combo of orientation. As the driver I didn't like the larger hole being closer to me and being in the way of my phone and smaller hole. My wife is the Nalgene bottle queen. She carries it with her everywhere so she wanted that option on her side. There is also an obstacle under the cup holder on the driver side that leaves a recessed cut and curvature on the cup holder which meant I could not fit the phone slot on the passenger side. I was drastically limited in space and had to work within all the obstacles that are down in the hole under the OEM cup holders.
Well as long as your wife is happy, its perfect! 😂

Kidding aside… I just know that its the opposite for me, and a choice would be cool. But no biggy. Been very happy since becoming a very early adopter/promoter.
I’m a fan.

Miles ahead of the silly OEM’s sad functionality.

Last edited:
For those of you not feeling like going back to see pics of the new design, here they are again. We are eliminating the removable inserts for simplicity BUT keeping all functions that the original designs had. Remember this is a prototype and the final version will have a slightly better finish. We are going a bit larger on the holes to account for some of the larger Yeti bottles on the market. This design will launch on our selling platforms on 11/1/22. We will have more installed pics of the prototypes soon. If someone is itching to get the new version sooner then send me a message. We have already gone into production on them and have some already in stock. Getting some out early will greatly help us absorb the initial wave of the product release. More info and links to these products are one page back.
IMG_4795.jpg
IMG_4796 (1).jpg
IMG_4793.jpg

Capture3.JPG
Capture4.JPG

I should have clarified better. We currently are in production of the Cruiser cup holders but we have not finished developing the LX updated cup holders. Those have been a lot more complicated due to the reduced space. The LX cup holders have more stuff under them limiting our depth and functional space. They will basically be the same changes you see on the Cruiser design. We have some updated Cruiser cup holders in stock but wont have any LX versions for a few more weeks which is why we have the 11/1 release date and not a 10/1 release date.

Here is the most current CAD design of the LX cup holder update. The next prototype and hopefully last will get put on a machine tomorrow.
LX Dual.JPG
LX single 1.JPG
LX Dual 2.JPG
LX Single 2.JPG

The stock cup holders are uninspired for such prime real estate. There's so much potential in this space that I've taken the opportunity to make a custom 3D printed console. The space underneath is irregular, so making the most of it means layouts that best work with obstacles underneath, like locating the larger holder to the passenger side.

I've made the 3D plans available for awhile now to fit the pre-2016 LX570. Just re-printed mine in PETG with a closer matching color and better heat tolerance, to replace an earlier PLA prototype.

PXL_20220928_143344842.jpg

PXL_20220928_143445267.jpg

The stock cup holders are uninspired for such prime real estate. There's so much potential in this space that I've taken the opportunity to make a custom 3D printed console. The space underneath is irregular, so making the most of it means layouts that best work with obstacles underneath, like locating the larger holder to the passenger side.

I've made the 3D plans available for awhile now to fit the pre-2016 LX570. Just re-printed mine in PETG with a closer matching color and better heat tolerance, to replace an earlier PLA prototype.

View attachment 3127117

View attachment 3127118

Would love to pick one of these up but no 3D printer and seems like guy running that thread won’t be ready to ship until the next ice age.

@2014 LEX 570 GA I believe there are a lot of online services that will print something for a fee. I've used a local guy for some small parts.

Would love to pick one of these up but no 3D printer and seems like guy running that thread won’t be ready to ship until the next ice age.

I'd love to offer these but the reality is that it's not exactly a set and forget, and is time and resource intensive. It's a large complex print that takes about 30hrs, and I've had prints fail only to find a tangled mess of plastic in the morning, some of which is my fault. It takes a reliable printer to get through this print.

To scale these prints for business is what I'm suspecting he's dealing with. I'm not an expert, but know enough that these need to be designed and optimized to scale and larger prints really aren't best suited for this type of production. The real cost to print may exceed what the market will pay.

I'd love to offer these but the reality is that it's not exactly a set and forget, and is time and resource intensive. It's a large complex print that takes about 30hrs, and I've had prints fail only to find a tangled mess of plastic in the morning, some of which is my fault. It takes a reliable printer to get through this print.

To scale these prints for business is what I'm suspecting he's dealing with. I'm not an expert, but know enough that these need to be designed and optimized to scale and larger prints really aren't best suited for this type of production. The real cost to print may exceed what the market will pay.
You are correct. The print time on our designs is just over 33 hours for the 200 Series cup holders. We have pretty large format semi industrial machines that are up to the job and rarely fail BUT it is not cost effective. For folks who don't 3D print they have a hard time understanding the cost difference between 3D printed and mass quantity injection molding from China. We do our best to find a fair price and at least make a small profit. Sometimes we run into designs that are so large or complex that the cost far surpasses what the market will pay. It's sad, but we have to pass on that stuff.

Here is the 08-15 Cruiser version with the full double Hydroflask design. The LX prototypes are off the machines and heading to our processing guy with hopes it will make it to our painter by this evening.
VV2_1488.jpg
VV2_1493.jpg

For those of you not feeling like going back to see pics of the new design, here they are again. We are eliminating the removable inserts for simplicity BUT keeping all functions that the original designs had. Remember this is a prototype and the final version will have a slightly better finish. We are going a bit larger on the holes to account for some of the larger Yeti bottles on the market. This design will launch on our selling platforms on 11/1/22. We will have more installed pics of the prototypes soon. If someone is itching to get the new version sooner then send me a message. We have already gone into production on them and have some already in stock. Getting some out early will greatly help us absorb the initial wave of the product release. More info and links to these products are one page back.
View attachment 3126292View attachment 3126294View attachment 3126296
View attachment 3126300View attachment 3126301
Awesome work! Loving the look of these new ones that do not require removing that insert when you have a hydroflask or something larger to put in. Looking forward to ordering the upgraded one as well come November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom