CLCC Tech Day thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Dan,
Here is the link to the oil pan gasket post: http://www.capitallandcruiserclub.org/oilpan.pdf
Let me know what you think. I did not include any contact info. Wasn't sure if you wanted that posted on a web site.
I will create a link from the club website to the tech documents soon.
Ed

Looks good Ed. I can see some drafting errors that I made... You might want to invert the pic with the threads up, to show the way they install. Thanks, Dan

I used the string method since I couldn't find the snap-ups locally. Worked well.

Patrick, I'd be very surprised if you'd find those SnapUps anywhere locally, I had to order mine online. I see that Summit Racing has them. String/zip works, but once you try the SnapUps, you'll see how much faster and easier it is.

Nice thread find TULAX17, definitely bookmark worthy.

Tech day - November 14

Following up on our discussion at this month's meeting, Stump has offered to host a tech day on November 14.

One task will be a front axle service on an 80. Ed offered to help with electrical issues.

Please post up if you are interested in participating.

My son James and I are interested. Time and location? We may not stay for the whole festivities but can lend a hand and learn. Brad

Up to you i'm just asking , thinking about putting the stock carb back on the forty, good thing to have help with.

We fizzled on the Holiday party, so we should try and get either a tech day or a wheeling day scheduled because we have nothing on the short term calendar. I'm always happy to host a tech day at my place. Things are lonely here since the raffle truck left. Feb is pretty wide open for me. As far as wheeling goes, we should find get a snow run on the books even if it's only the clean up trail

We can join Keystone for one of there monthly runs?!?!?

During this month's meeting we discussed starting a thread for CLCC tech days. Does it make sense to assign this sticky status?

I think Steve mentioned he has a project to add spacers.

Just getting this started ...
I am eager to participate in a Capitol Land Cruiser Club Tech day.
The left and right exhaust manifolds need to be replaced on my 100 series.

Dealership quoted $2,300 for this repair and its just not an option for me.
Thanks to this site, I found a product that will increase my horsepower: Stainless Steel Shortie Headers, 2005-07 Land Cruiser 100-Series / Lexus LX470, 4.7L

Is this a project that is feasible at a CLCC tech day?
I can host at my property in NW DC, I have paved outdoor parking for 5-7 vehicles.
3612 Massachusetts Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20007

John

The passenger side manifold isn't too bad other than all of the hardware stripping. The driver's side is more of a pain. The engine has to be lifted a bit to make room to get the manifold out. You'll want to order a complete set of studs and nuts before hand. The Throrley headers are a pain to install. There's a pipe running directly in the way of almost every stud. It takes some creative tooling to get all of the nuts on.

So i have a huge list of things to work on my mini. But it would be interesting to do tech day on frames since I need to fix the cracked/rusted frame. I was planning on replacing from cab back with rectangular section steel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom