Cigarette lighter blown but fuse OK (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This past weekend I tried to use a small DC/AC converter to run an air mattress pump and I blew the cigarette lighter. I have yet to take my multimeter to the wiring but I have checked the fuses along that circuit according to the factory electrical manual. The dash fuse as well as the fusible link under the hood are still OK. I pulled the lighter and there are no melted wires or connectors visible.
Before I start pulling things apart to search for fried wires I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has had a similar experience and where they located the problem. Anyone?

Search and ye shall find :D

Look here

There were some other threads that turned up on the search as well -- they might be of more help.

Just worked out that way this time...

I tend to start the search w/o specifying a forum, if I get too much garbage, then I fine tune. Sometimes it works. :)

I recall another thread on this topic in the 80s tech forum -- I didn't spend much time looking for it though.

I just ran out to the truck in the parking lot at work. Sure enough, even though the link looked intact, I dug through the insulation and it was burnt through underneath. It looks like it'll be a PITA to replace that little link.

I knew there was another thread...

Take a look at this one

E9999 had the same problem as you did -- this was the thread I was looking for originally.

Hopefully this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom