Chinese knock-off bumpers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Axxis stopped bringing them in, I believe... I gave them a call when I was looking at rear bumper solutions. There's no guarantee these are the same, but I bet they're similar.

I know there are a few rigs out there with AOR bumpers on them from China. Surely someone can chime in?

I think they put one on the Icon 100 Series?

Back in college I used to buy HID kits straight from china and have them drop shipped directly to my customers. I even sent the money via western union. It worked great and made me a lot of extra money. Generally you can get one of the reps to talk with you via instant message, such as MSN messenger, and they will tell you everything. At the time I was into cars and was looking to have a fiberglass company make me a copy of some Top Secret body kits (Top Secret is a very spendy japanese body kit manufacturer). They told me to get them a sample and they could easily replicate it. Being a broke college kid I just couldnt afford to shell out 2 grand on a kit and send it to China though. I guarantee they'll be willing to send you a sample bumper, they all do it.

As far as US manufacturing, I agree we should support local as much as you can, but business is business and not everyone is willing to shell out a grand on a bumper especially if its just for looks.

this doesnt look as good as my Iron Man Bumper. that said 280 is cheap , i still wouldn't buy one.

I dig it. Rants aside. Minimum shows 5 and that's not in my realm.

I would like to build my own or mod my existing stock with a trim job and some bent tubing. Sourced a local shop to bend it up for me and I would TIG and cut the rest.

Some folks will never get the things that some folks have therefore that part of the economy isn't hurt. If I don't want or cannot afford a ARB or something else then that's money they won't get anyways. If I can get something for less than they can afford to sell for then they still wouldn't see my money anyways. It's just facts. Can't hate the Joker that's making a cheaper and possibly inferior (possibly) product because that's capitalism at its finest. There will always be folks that prefer quality and pay for it. The economy has to realize that if that percent is small then only so many folks should try to make a living producing or selling the product because the demand while it maybe high may not be great. I have a high demand for a product but I am not that great because it's just me.

Sorry I used to have a business and it went belly up because I didn't heed this lesson.

I like my AOR bumper.Yes its a Chinese bumper, but what do you think ironman and tjm bumpers are? and from looking at them it looks stronger then tjm's bumper
It does what it suppose to ( winch mount,look nice and cost MPG...lol ) and its strong, has no problem holding my ass up as a front engine step its not bending anytime soon... and for the price its a nice bumper...
IMAG0192.jpg

Too bad they don't make a rear bumper. I bet the first problem, just a guess, holes don't line up.

I like my AOR bumper.Yes its a Chinese bumper, but what do you think ironman and tjm bumpers are? and from looking at them it looks stronger then tjm's bumper
It does what it suppose to ( winch mount,look nice and cost MPG...lol ) and its strong, has no problem holding my ass up as a front engine step its not bending anytime soon... and for the price its a nice bumper...View attachment 902146
Is AOR still in business? It stands for Axis Off Road, correct?

I bet they will fit .. might be made by cheap steel .. my first concern will be rust .. all china made bumpers we got down here ( and we got plenty ) rust as fast as bare metal ...

yes they do. I can second that first hand.

Minor update: trying to get a sample bumper sent. Just corresponding via email so have not heard back yet.

It does what it suppose to ( winch mount,look nice and cost MPG...lol ) and its strong, has no problem holding my ass up as a front engine step its not bending anytime soon... and for the price its a nice bumper...View attachment 902146

bumper actually looks good. $280 shipped is not a bad deal. if i didn't have a front bumper i would be all over this.

Those bend pretty easy too you know. Slee all the way. :)

Hindsight being 20/20 - You speak the truth, I barely touched a rock with a ARB front bumper & the only thing that saved that whole wing (LS) was the P.O. installed Slee's AC drier guard so it sort of triangulated the metal there - but I still had a easy 5/8" deep & baseball size dent dead center in the wing.

Now, I'd never pay more than $300 for a used ARB, and never would I buy Chinese - they seem like the repeat of the British Empire taking our raw resources & selling us back finished products.

Riley made an excellent point too about the auto products & part recycle that happens in British Colombia - Port Coquitlam has really made a go of it & the service is great (I hop the border to fish & such), and there's a guy just across the border that does custom stuff for Cruisers, bumps & sliders - you pick your thickness metal (and did a great Exterra rear bump)

For comparison, it took 2 of us to get my ARB (not the thickest) & the Warn bolted to it lifted from the floor & started on the framerails - now I just use my cherry picker to pull when needed.

Hey Linus, please share who the local BC guy for custom stuff for Cruisers. I might be in the market for a front bumper etc...

To others; I wasn't really ranting at anyone in particular on my China comment. I am well aware of where our trucks are made and understand the challenges of making statements and "policy" decisions regarding sourcing locally. I totally get capitalism and adapting our economies. I have spent my entire life working in the "new high tech economy" but I'd like to see us retain the ability to make stuff (clothes, furniture, food, cars, tooling etc). I don't always source local but if I can find a product that meets my requirements, I will source local (or from regions that I feel are on a level playing ground) even if more expensive (within reason).

Custom / speciality stuff for cruisers seems to be a good place to reward the local / regional guys...

ok, back on topic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom