Cheap Gas, too bad State & National Parks are Closed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We can open this up to everyone as a social distancing trail run if you guys want. We're sitting in our trucks far enough away from one another. Thoughts?

Oh man, that misses ALL the gravel north of Mason and lots of that is now paved. I've got GPX/KML files out the wazoo for all that area. Over 350 miles of gravel mapped all the way north to Goldthwaite. A screenshot from my GE of just the Llano/Mason area gravel.

Earth Capture.JPG

We can open this up to everyone as a social distancing trail run if you guys want. We're sitting in our trucks far enough away from one another. Thoughts?

I'm planning on running my long gravel route next Saturday. Anyone else is welcome to join. Just bring a CB or GMRS so we can chit chat and what not.

I'm planning on running my long gravel route next Saturday. Anyone else is welcome to join. Just bring a CB or GMRS so we can chit chat and what not.

Gary, I cleared my work calendar for Saturday already. I know restaurants (like coopers bbq) are carry out only. Still planning to stop for meals or should we bring our own? Either way, we eat in our trucks.

Gary, I cleared my work calendar for Saturday already. I know restaurants (like coopers bbq) are carry out only. Still planning to stop for meals or should we bring our own? Either way, we eat in our trucks.

I think we could stop at Cooper's for sure and pick some food up (their pits are all outdoors) and then picnic nearby on our tailgates (while maintaining the 6' rule LOL). There's a FANTASTIC spot a few miles from there along the route that is out on a gravel spit of the Llano and James rivers. (as seen in the attached photo). Definitely would want to bring your own beverages and snacks like chips and whatnot.

IMG_4851.JPG

Great. Barring any major thing, we are in!

Great. Barring any major thing, we are in!

Sweet! We can get a list of participants and a meetup location (probably the Stripes on the south side of Llano (off 71).

I could be in for that! Can I bring the Tacoma instead of the 40?

Sure could! Just don't bring a "Jeep" LOL! Toyotas only :)

I’m probably down for a ride. @The Phoenician i saw $1.99 diesel today. Still robbery compared to the $1.49 RUG.
I think I saw 1.97 somewhere near my house.
Got drilled rescheduled, I close on Friday, so I'm open for a ride saturday or sunday.

Ok I moved things around so I can make this trip. What are the details? where are we meeting, time and so on.

Mike,

Gary @geanes is the expert on these trails. I just pm'ed you his contact info. I am sure he will chime in later this mornig.

For sure. I'd like to know how long this thing should take as well so I can try to sell it to the wife with all the details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom