Cheap Gas, too bad State & National Parks are Closed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm furloughed until the 28th of this month, so I'm down for some of that. Why the 6th and 7th of next month?
Sorry, meant to write Saturday or Sunday (23 or 24). Was responding to a pm here and got my wires crossed. So, I want to go out next Saturday (23rd) or Sunday (24th)

Sorry, meant to write Saturday or Sunday (23 or 24). Was responding to a pm here and got my wires crossed. So, I want to go out next Saturday (23rd) or Sunday (24th)

Cool. That's much mo betta. I'll confer with the wife and report back.

I’m out, going camping with the family. Thanks for the invite.

A.J

You and I need to go out with the trailers and camp soon!

PINS is now open for 24-hour camping.

Seriously? I've been considering heading down there. Most likely next weekend to avoid the assured holiday rush this weekend.

If you go to mile 60 you will get out of the crowd.

If you go to mile 60 you will get out of the crowd.

Definitely would want to run at least 40 miles down the beach to setup camp for the weekend.

Definitely would want to run at least 40 miles down the beach to setup camp for the weekend.
Be sure to bring recovery gear. @The Phoenician towed me in from mile 50 when my AC pulley blew up. Sometime s*** happens and you can’t bring spares for everything. There was some nice mangrove swamps at mile 60 that a few trucks played around in.

Be sure to bring recovery gear. @The Phoenician towed me in from mile 50 when my AC pulley blew up. Sometime s*** happens and you can’t bring spares for everything. There was some nice mangrove swamps at mile 60 that a few trucks played around in.
definitely do mile 60, and don't go alone.

definitely do mile 60, and don't go alone.

Yeah, remote beach driving without a 2nd vehicle is no bueno. Much easier to "snatch" stuck rigs with a 2nd rig and traction boards than to dig dead man anchors and self winch.

For sure. Snatch strap (maybe 2), good shovel, traction boards and tree strap (use as a bridle) should do the trick nicely. Sucks that your AC pulley blew up.

@The Phoenician also pulled out my FJC on this same trip when @92RedToy got it stuck in the mud. Big Red had a busy weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom