Charlotte Lunch 5/31-6/2? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some people work.

sorry guys I will be workin in tega cay

Any interest in Bill Spoon's? I've never gone and have been wanting to try it out.

1130 to try and beat the noon crowd?

Bill Spoons? Meh. It is food. That is all. I'm amazed that they have stayed in business all these years.

Really? That's a shame. I'm craving BBQ, so where else would you recommend? My go to is Midwood, so if people want we can either go to the one in Ballantyne or the Park Rd new location.

Sauceman's is good. Midwood is good. Mac's is pretty decent. I don't know... I'm not really a BBQ expert but I have never been very impressed by Spoons at all. Don't let me sway the decision. Y'all can try Bill Spoons if you want. Just don't get your hopes up.

Stallings Rockstore Bar-B-Q has 4.5 star rating on googlemaps. 3116 Old Monroe Rd, Stallings, NC 28104. They do have pretty good stuff in there

Stallings Rockstore Bar-B-Q has 4.5 star rating on googlemaps. 3116 Old Monroe Rd, Stallings, NC 28104. They do have pretty good stuff in there

Agreed. They do. We get take-out from there occasionally. Rock Store may be too far out of the way for this crowd. I know it is for me during work hours.

FWIW The Stallings Rock Store is far better than the one on 24/27 heading to URE. Maybe the attached gas station louses up the grub? We stopped eating there on the way in once Triple J's BBQ opened. 3J's onion rings are great.

Triple J's
4075 Hwy 24 27 E
Midland, NC 28107

The Stallings Rock Store location is very good. The other locations are hit-and miss depending on the day.

@JohnVee I bet I know why the Rock Store on 24/27 was less than stellar. That location is just too far from the hub and the Q was probably not fresh. Things may have changed but it used to be that all the Rock Store BBQ was made at the actual Rock Store (Stallings location) and somebody delivered it to the satellite stores a couple of times a week for re-heating and selling. I know for a fact the Rock Store location on HWY 74 in Marshville does not cook anything at all. They have a smoker going outside in the parking lot during business hours but it's just for show. If you open the lid, it's just wood in there...no meat cooking. Kinda' like false advertising if you ask me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom