Changing my grill to classic grill w/o decal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I have a 97 collectors edition and am wanting to change my grill to the one that says Toyota across it rather than the decal grill. I was told all I have to do is change my headlights to the older ones and everything should fit. Anybody have experience doing this or comments would be nice, that way I dont go and order the parts and find out it will be more work than necessary.

Dank

I'm planning on doing the same as well. From what I've read you need the headlights, grill, grill bracket, and lower valence. So preferably you should get the lower valence from a donor 80 of the same color.

(from cell phone) you only need to change the grills, no need to swap anything else.
the not all of the screw locations are the same, but enough are to keep
it from flying off on the freeway.;)

also the chrome pieces above and below your headlights and the corner markers will not match the old-school's black/gun metallic gray finish, but nobody will notice unless pointed out.
my '90 80 came with the sombrero when i bought it, but i swapped with "TOYOTA. good luck!

I was going by memory, but you "should" be OK.

If you want the 80/450 convesion, then there might a problem.

Good luck!

I'll try to snap some pics sometime this weekend.

Mot

Oh you poor late model 80 dudes. I guess you'll be looking for a 3FE sticker too... :D

Oh you poor late model 80 dudes. I guess you'll be looking for a 3FE sticker too... :D

:lol:

attachment.php

You know you want it...

Back on track...

Like Mot said, there shouldn't be a problem with just changing the grill. IIRC, headlight mounts changed in 95, but not the shape, so you're good there, at least.

Haha!

I heard the only way you can really get that grill on a '93+ is to put in a 3FE...that's what I heard, its the only way it snaps in. :doh:

Haha!

I heard the only way you can really get that grill on a '95+ is to put in a 3FE...that's what I heard, its the only way it snaps in. :doh:

Fixed. :p:D

91-94 US-spec 80s had "Toyota" across the grill, they changed it to the "sombrero" in 95..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom