change the studs while also changing the exhaust gasket? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had no idea that tool existed. One more thing to add to the list of "cool tools I'd like to have but will probably only use once" :D

These things are an essential part of my tool kit. They work great and don't cost a lot

images (7).jpeg

Get the right size, they work on nuts, bolts, studs

I got my manifold to y-pipe studs out easy peasy with an impact gun, an extension and one of these:

904_fot_012__16692.1509133724.jpg

I'm thinking "east coast canada" might have something to do with your experience?
Link?

Nope, she came from Cali in 2019 with 285,000 miles. Has not seen a lick of snow or salt.

I’ve never experienced such a miserable fastener to remove!

I’ve read here before they are horrible to remove, and for me, it was true.

They really didn’t need replacement, it was one of those”while it’s all apart” moments😂
Unless the truck spent its life more than a 100 miles from the ocean in CA, it has seen plenty of salt. CA is all warm salt air all of the time.

I’d believe you if you said AZ or NV.

These things are an essential part of my tool kit. They work great and don't cost a lot

View attachment 3037179

Get the right size, they work on nuts, bolts, studs
Can confirm. I used those to get completely rusted and round O2 sensor nuts off.

Unless the truck spent its life more than a 100 miles from the ocean in CA, it has seen plenty of salt. CA is all warm salt air all of the time.

I’d believe you if you said AZ or NV.
Close to Stockton, absolutely ZERO rust!

Where it came from before then I have no idea, but I do believe it spent time in the mountains?

Courtesy Auto on Sahara in Las Vegas is a really great shop. They did all of the work for me. They didn’t break any studs. They replaced all studs and nuts for the manifold and the exhaust pipe junction. Replaced the gaskets and had my the eye joint crack welded shut. They checked the cats and got it all buttoned up. No more exhaust leaks at all and the price for the work was very reasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom