CCBs installed correctly? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnnyFish

GOLD Star
Threads
Website
twitter.com
The steering on my 96 LX isn’t great. It wanders and doesn’t center well. It’s better since I replaced the steering end links and had it aligned but still not good.
It has a previous-owner-installed 2.5-3” OME lift and it seems to have OME caster correction bushings. I don’t have experience with these but should they be symmetrical from side to side?
1601150010981.jpeg

1601150052725.jpeg

Thanks

Caster bushings will have an off-set center hole. Those do appear to be OME CC bushings. How they were installed? dunno, would have to drop an arm individual at a time and check the orientation.

That said, most have found plates or drop brackets to be a better solution the caster regarding lifts.

Thanks. I should say it seems to me, and I tried to show in the pictures, that the passenger bushing seems to be showing 1/4” more yellow than the driver side bushing. Is that enough to cause a problem?

caster bushing are just a band aid fix for an open wound....caster plates will give what your looking for....

Yeah Ive got probably 3 times as much caster correction on my rig with 3". 1 finger steering all day long. It may not be your only issue but insufficient caster is really annoying.

caster bushing are just a band aid fix for an open wound....caster plates will give what your looking for....
caster plates are just a band aid fix for an open would.... new axle mounts welded to the axle with factory caster will give what you're looking for....

1601177750955.png

caster plates are just a band aid fix for an open would.... new axle mounts welded to the axle with factory caster will give what you're looking for....
New axle mounts are just a band aid fix for an open wound. New front radius arms from Delta Vehicle Systems with new OEM bushings and new OEM hardware will bolt right on and make all your dreams come true.

New axle mounts are just a band aid fix for an open wound. New front radius arms from Delta Vehicle Systems with new OEM bushings and new OEM hardware will bolt right on and make all your dreams come true.
X2 on the @Delta VS arms. I tried everything to get my caster corrected and these finally did the trick it’s a night and day difference.

A panhard lift bracket helps a surprising large amount with steering as well.

Highly recommend stopping by your local tire shop and having them CHECK the caster, this will give you lots of handy info and will be a good start down the road of making an informed decision of how to address the issue.

X2 on the @Delta VS arms. I tried everything to get my caster corrected and these finally did the trick it’s a night and day difference.

Hey @Delta VS , I only see arms for 6" lift on your site. Is that a stock issue, or is that all you offer?

Hey @Delta VS , I only see arms for 6" lift on your site. Is that a stock issue, or is that all you offer?
Where are you looking? Can you post the link? We have all of them in stock.

Where are you looking? Can you post the link? We have all of them in stock.

My bad. I only looked at the clearance page pointed to when I first landed on your site:
1601243868453.png

Okay @Delta VS and other 80 suspension gurus. A question occurred to me. It seems intuitive that the solution to caster issues is to drop the frame mounting point an amount corresponding to the lift. Why don't we use radius arm drop brackets on 80's rather than caster correction bushings or plates, or modified radius arms?

Okay @Delta VS and other 80 suspension gurus. A question occurred to me. It seems intuitive that the solution to caster issues is to drop the frame mounting point an amount corresponding to the lift. Why don't we use radius arm drop brackets on 80's rather than caster correction bushings or plates, or modified radius arms?
That is definitely an option, and one folks who spend most of their time on flat roads often take. Man-a-fre has been making bolt on brackets that do that for years, and eimkeith has started making a weld-in kit recently. Most folks who spend time on trails balk at the idea of having more stuff hanging down to catch on things though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom