CB Antenna 102" hold down (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm installing a 102" whip CB antenna on my LX and I'm using a hold down mounted on the roof rack, but I'd really like less arc to it. While I can slip the antenna farther through the hold down, I believe the wind will slide it to it's current position. Any ideas?

ant1.jpg

ant2.jpg

ant3.jpg

I don't know a whole lot about antennas, but what if you got one of these? They're nylon instead of metal. McMaster-Carr

You could slip it over the end and then tighten down the set screw (or get a longer one if necessary). The shaft clamp would butt up against your hold down bracket, and you could adjust where the clamp sits to find the best arc?

How often are you using your CB? I prefer a quick disconnect with a Firestik, but its not gonna perform as well as your whip in my experience. However, my CB is for trail work and not long distance coms, that is where the HAM comes into play.

I guess I am writing all that to ask, why not put it on a heavy duty quick disconnect? These guys make top notch gear, and the prices reflect the quality... Breedlove mounts https://www.breedlovemounts.com/quick-disconnect-mounts.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom