Overhead CB/GMRS Mic Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dirt J

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone running one? Let's see what you got and how you like it.

Thinking about a MXT275 with the handset plugged a port in the overhead console...but not sure a good place to hang the mic. Would prefer the cord not hang in front the rearview mirror.

I have not yet put my radio in my LC, but I likely will do so in similar fashion to how I had it in the Jeep I just parted with. I had the remote faceplate up by the rearview mirror and the mic from a remote port I put in on the front side of the center console. I liked that there was no hanging cord in my vision, that it was accessible by my right hand without looking for it, and that I could simply unplug it and keep it in the center console when not needed.....stealth mode. You really couldn't see that there was a radio to steal! I don't think the faceplate will end up by the mirror this time, but more likely down in the ashtray zone in front of the shifter. The remote faceplate of my Wouxun KG 1000 makes choices and options for mounting better IMHO.

But I just wanted to suggest the lower mic location as it was super convenient in my experience.

Yes, that's the other option I'm considering. Planning to stash the radio base under the center console, then have run an extension to an RJ45 jack somewhere handy.

My handpiece is hanging from the little flap overhead where the lights are.
I think you guys in the US have the garage door control in that area.
The radio unit itself sits in the center console.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom