Auto antenna disconnect (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. New LX470 owner here. I’ve looked all over the forums and haven’t found anything definite on how to disconnect the power antenna. Some say you can access through the glove compartment/cabin air filter area. Some behind the passenger wheel liner. I’m just hoping for a little more guidance on how to do it, and what exactly I’m looking to disconnect. Thanks in advance!

Hey guys. New LX470 owner here. I’ve looked all over the forums and haven’t found anything definite on how to disconnect the power antenna. Some say you can access through the glove compartment/cabin air filter area. Some behind the passenger wheel liner. I’m just hoping for a little more guidance on how to do it, and what exactly I’m looking to disconnect. Thanks in advance!
Any help would be appreciated!!

The motor is in the fender well, you'll need to pull the plastic fender liner out to get it. You'll want to have some replacement body clips on hand, they break.
Thanks! I knew it was in the fender well. Just wondering what I disconnect specifically? And where can I pick up some extra clips? Thanks again!!

There's two connections, one power and one antenna, the power cable has the usual two or three pin connector, antenna cable is like a single silver RCA connector. Clips are available at the dealer. You could probably look at pics of a used motor on like ebay and get an idea of the connector locations.

Thanks! I knew it was in the fender well. Just wondering what I disconnect specifically? And where can I pick up some extra clips? Thanks again!!

On my 2000 LC, the antenna connection is inside, behind the passenger side footwell kick panel. Easy to get to. But you need to disconnect it here before you pull the old assembly out of the fender well.

As said above, it's like a single RCA connection but I think a little smaller. The other half of it runs up to the back of the head unit. If you get another LC/LX power antenna, you can just reconnect in the kick panel. If you switch to a manual/aftermarket antenna you may have to run new cable all the way to the head unit.

On my 2000 LC, the antenna connection is inside, behind the passenger side footwell kick panel. Easy to get to. But you need to disconnect it here before you pull the old assembly out of the fender well.

As said above, it's like a single RCA connection but I think a little smaller. The other half of it runs up to the back of the head unit. If you get another LC/LX power antenna, you can just reconnect in the kick panel. If you switch to a manual/aftermarket antenna you may have to run new cable all the way to the head unit.
Thanks. I’m just wanting to disconnect the power so that the stupid noise of the antenna doesn’t happen every time I turn the truck on and off. Would be awesome if I could access the motor from the passenger kick panel though!! No broken clips from the fender liner! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom