Caster Trouble? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I installed the Med. Heavy OME lift with the OME caster correction bushings, OME damper and Slee Tie and Relay rods. I also went up to 305/70/16 Bridgestone AT's. After I had the tires installed, the tech told me the caster was perfect, as was the alignment. Unfortunately, at highway speeds (60 mph and faster), the 80 still feels like it is wandering a bit.

I then rebuilt the front axle and had the caster checked aqain at a different shop. Again, I was told it was perfect.

Any ideas as to what is causing the wander? It is not bad, but it does not feel right either. Any help or links is appreciated.

What is "perfect"? Do you have the measurments they took?

cruiserdan said:
What is "perfect"? Do you have the measurments they took?

No, but I can get them in a few days. Do you have any numbers as to what is normal caster?

Thanks for the help.

Specification is 3 degrees +/- 1 degree (2-4) range.

If you have a wander, check your tie rod ends and steering damper.

Kalawang

Also when you get the measurements post the toe measurement. Too much toe out can make things squirrely.

Thanks for the help. I am taking it to a frame and alignment shop on Thurs. A mechanic friend strongly recommened this new place. I will post the numbers after that happens.

I did my lift and had the same problem. Got new tires and problem solved. The old treds were unevenly worn and caused a pulling. It tracks perfectly straight now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom