Cargo shelf build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi
I’m looking to build a shelf for the back of my FZJ80. Does anyone have the blueprints or plans for a shelf build? Pretty much just a simple board across the cargo area from second row seats to opening. And, from side to side.

I also have in order a cargo barrier w shelf and divider.

A shelf or rather a drawer system? There's tons of DIY and aftermarket drawers and systems from the back of the 2nd row to the rear tailgate. If you are looking for something that goes from behind the first row to the tailgate, that's a bit different and something you'll need to design yourself.

I made one in about 30 minutes using random lumber in my garage.

Get a measuring tape and decide your dimensions. Cut a piece of ply or project board. Attach to grab handles with u bolts.

Stain it if your trying to impress the ladies.

IMG_20221028_103504_956.jpg
IMG_20221028_103503_812.jpg
IMG_20221028_103501_755.jpg
IMG_20221028_103459_189.jpg

Last edited:
A shelf or rather a drawer system? There's tons of DIY and aftermarket drawers and systems from the back of the 2nd row to the rear tailgate. If you are looking for something that goes from behind the first row to the tailgate, that's a bit different and something you'll need to design yourself.
Shelf bec I don’t have enough skill to build a nice drawer system

I believe he’s taking about a “platform”. Original post states he has a barrier with shelf on order already.

Google "diy 80 series drawers ih8mud". not aware of anybody with "blueprints" or plans. Custom drawers are just that. You have to make decisions on the type of drawer sliders, materials, and dimensions...the height being the critical one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom