Carburetor Part replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
72 fj40.
all stock. Replaced the head running good. It appears the carb is not original. It has a non working electric choke on it. PO may have put it on. I want to go back to as close to stock as possible. Can anyone help me with a carb that would be stock or close to it? Or any advice on a good carb to replace my current one?
thanks

You want to search for an fj40 Aisin carb, late 69-73. Does yours still use an accelerator cable?

Here is your shopping guide:

Here is your shopping guide:
You want to search for an fj40 Aisin carb, late 69-73. Does yours still use an accelerator cable?
Yes mine uses an accelerator cable. My FJ was made in March 1972 when I looked it up on Spector off road they’re out of stock or discontinued I will call them.
I would prefer not to but what about those cheapo’s on Amazon for $72? It’s hard to believe at that price those would work but it appears from some people posting that they do. It looks like if I do find a rebuilt one it will cost around a grand
I also called marks off road and left a message. I’ll keep googling. Thanks!

Put up a couple pics of the carb.

Here it is. Thanks for all the help.

31068076-63EA-4976-B12F-AE20B3A8F884.jpeg

30DAE613-FAB8-4E8C-A603-D9C7308C49FA.jpeg

FBAE4786-A3BD-42F2-9322-B234CF559635.jpeg

That is a Weber. The rebuild kits are pretty cheap, so is the carb. That's probably one of the cheap made in Taiwan Weber carbs. Some people run them and have okay success. You may just want to rebuild it and then search for a used Aisan on eBay or in the classifieds and then rebuild that.

This is the rebuild kit, cheap on amazon.
16269637912588415121505163576653.jpg

Yep, that's it.

Maybe @ToyotaMatt still has this one...

Add a rebuild kit from @cruiseroutfit and your back to OEM.
I just rebuilt one of these, easy peasy.

Yes mine uses an accelerator cable. My FJ was made in March 1972 when I looked it up on Spector off road they’re out of stock or discontinued I will call them.
I would prefer not to but what about those cheapo’s on Amazon for $72? It’s hard to believe at that price those would work but it appears from some people posting that they do. It looks like if I do find a rebuilt one it will cost around a grand
I also called marks off road and left a message. I’ll keep googling. Thanks!
Maybe @ToyotaMatt still has this one...

Add a rebuild kit from @cruiseroutfit and your back to OEM.
I just rebuilt one of these, easy peasy.

I have a NOS OEM Toyota Genuine Parts Accelerator cable assy kit if you need one ?

for a Cable type throttle set up on a early type F1.5 first or 2nd generation 2BBL factory AISIAN Unit

i will post photos and the part # here in a few

I have a NOS OEM Toyota Genuine Parts Accelerator cable assy kit if you need one ?

for a Cable type throttle set up on a early type F1.5 first or 2nd generation 2BBL factory AISIAN Unit

i will post photos and the part # here in a few
Ok. I’ll wait for pix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom