Car carrier vs Tow Dolly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

looks like I was wrong about being able to buy a used "uhaul trailer"...

Truck Sales: Car Trailer For Sale

came across the above today, on a web search.

I would not buy the "red" trailer as its not rated for the weight of a 60, I would consider the galvanized trailer though.

Yup. I came across that exact site, but I've yet to find the galvanized one for sale. Depending on how this rental goes, it may certainly be something to consider.

Last edited:
Yeah, you were. I also knew you had already posted virtually exact pix, but I thought they were old. I just re-read your posts and realized they were pretty current pix. Until I noticed that, the reason I re-posted almost the exact same pix, was to provide others with the most up to date existence of said trailer. So other people could use my pix as proof the trailer does exist and can argue with the idiots I've dealt with at uhaul. Just CYA thoughts is all.

Just a case of the inherent misunderstandings of text dialogue between two people.

Thanks brother.

Hey Bosljeff, the problem with most carriers are GVWR. I'm in the process of buying one to haul my 60 behind my motorhome. You have to get into a 10,000lbs class trailer. Most 60's are really about 5000lbs. The common 7500lb carriers only holds 4000lbs!

This is the one Elbert and I get and what mine weighed in at:

:meh:
CIMG0016.jpg
LC Weight001b.jpg

That's very cool you're doing good then. I wish I can find a carrier on the market with those specs! Got to keep looking. I bet it's one of the aluminum ones! Kinda expensive! Hey, good luck though and be safe! I watch you're threads too :)

I watch you're threads too :)

God help you then.

I'm just a little hesitant cuz there is a thread on the site where a member rented a uhaul car carrier and the tongue broke clean in half...he and his daughter are lucky to be alive. Penske's stuff is so much newer, cleaner, but just can't handle the weight.

Here's to insurance.:cheers:

I've been looking all over for a 10K rated car trailer.. I've found two places so far. One I'll have to get a link far (will have to hunt through my web favorites) the other is where "PJ" trailer will modify one of their trailers to add daul 5K axles with brakes on each axle.

As you have observed most of the "car hauler" trailers are maxed at aroud 5K load weight or even less.

I' most likely leaning toward buying PJ brand car hauler... still looking around though.

The galvanized trailer from Uhaul is the best I've seen in the " normal rental places".... , outsdie of that you would probally have to rent some type of equipment haul trailer.

I'll post a link to a place I found that has 10K rated car trailers, you can find PJ trailers by doing a web search.

Yeah, its ridiculous. My wife's girly 2wd Montero is too heavy for the light duty uhaul and too heavy for the only Penske one. Lame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom