Cape Lookout Trip - July 31st - August 2nd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just me , in cabin

Probably just me in a cabin. Might be able to borrow a portable AC unit.

sign me up for the cabin just me for now. as the date gets closer and I hash out my boys school schedule I will add them if need be.

sign me up for the cabin just me for now. as the date gets closer and I hash out my boys school schedule I will add them if need be.
Put me on the backup list please. I'm hoping my son will be available to go. @SFROMAN

Put me on the backup list please. I'm hoping my son will be available to go. @SFROMAN
Will do! You may be able to call one of the ferries and get an alternate spot as well. They don't charge a deposit, so it doesn't hurt to get on the list now and then cancel if it doesn't work for you....

There is plenty of cabin space available for more people to join.

Last edited:
Yeah I got a cabin since it was me plus 3. Please nobody think we won’t crash with a bunch of strangers!!😂😂 As long as you like beer and Toyotas. Since one of my kids is on the younger side I thought it best. I figured cabins were best reserved for the guy groups. If they don’t fill up I have No issue canceling the one I booked And taking on a bigger load of the price of the other. I hope we can pack this thing out. Looking forward to meeting more of the club. My schedule keeps me busy during the height of wheelin season a lot. I’m looking forward to this Trip. Another reason for another cabin is that I’m trying to recruit a buddy who just bought a 4Runner to join. If he is game it’s him plus 3 as well. So I’d have 8 on my own !! Thanks again for putting this together @raanderson77

Last edited:
Had a fun trip this weekend at Cape Lookout and got to scope it out a bit. I learned that my Cruiser is extremely thirsty on sand. I burned through half a tank in the first day, while only covering a few miles. I was regretting my decision to not fill up a jerry can. I have heard that once the cabins open back up (which is supposed to be today), you can buy gas at the camp office.

The ferry operation is not super organized. We arrived at 3pm on Friday for our 4pm reservation, and they were running behind due to tides. We departed Davis at 5:15. Yesterday, I was driving up at 4pm for my 5pm island departure reservation and they were calling me, asking where I am, and let me know I was about to get left (even though I was an hour early). Moral of the story, the ferry service is not punctual, nor do they communicate well. You may want to call and see if they are ahead or behind schedule as the time gets close. Granted, there was a bad storm pressing down yesterday and people were desperate to get off the island, so they may have tightened the schedule to fit in a few more trips.

Right now, we are pretty much at occupancy for one cabin, leaving another cabin empty. The total bed count is 8 per cabin, and that is achieved with bunk beds. Since we are all grown men (using the term loosely), would everyone prefer I keep both cabins and pay more per person, in exchange for more space?

I'm down to pay more for space.

Your ig pics and vids looked great! Post some here. You went to the same location that this trip is destined to?

I'm down to pay more for space.

Your ig pics and vids looked great! Post some here. You went to the same location that this trip is destined to?

Will do. My pics are on my phone, so I'll post from there sometime today. Yeah, the trip this weekend was Cape Lookout. Saw a few Cruisers and ran into the guy that runs Toyota Overlanders. He and a friend were there w/ their beautifully built Tacomas. It's a good vibe out there. Seriously one of the best trips I've taken in NC. I hope to get out there more often. It's like going back in time. I may be posting up some impromptu short-notice trips between now and late July. Can't wait to go back.

Last edited:
I need to check out the pictures. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm also up for paying more for more space. It works out well sometimes to have a second cabin for people who know they want to go to bed early.

cruisers_ferry_davis (2).jpg
dirt_road (2).jpg
camping_setup.jpg
tembo_tusk (2).jpg
sunset_cape_lookout.jpg

I'm good paying more.

I’m good with whatever everybody else decides. So I guess I’m good with the two cabins. Makes it a lot less crowded than just having one which is always good.

Damn how did I miss this!!?? Just found out about this place earlier, and want to plan a trip. Let me know if any capacity changes!

Damn how did I miss this!!?? Just found out about this place earlier, and want to plan a trip. Let me know if any capacity changes!

@offroadvegan the trip is technically wide open to anyone that can get a ferry ride over. You can call one of the ferries listed above and see if they have some openings for alternate slots. You are welcome to join us.

@offroadvegan the trip is technically wide open to anyone that can get a ferry ride over. You can call one of the ferries listed above and see if they have some openings for alternate slots. You are welcome to join us.

Awesome! I was planning on going out with my camp/expo trailer to camp on the beach.

Awesome! I was planning on going out with my camp/expo trailer to camp on the beach.
Then act fast regarding the ferry. You'll essentially take up 2 ferry spots with that trailer, unless it's a shorty and you can talk them into considering you to be only the size of a long bed full size pickup. Either way, they'll need to have that info ASAP for the round trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom