Cape Lookout Trip - July 31st - August 2nd (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Cape Lookout Trip July 31st – Aug 2nd

UPDATED: 7/29/2020 @ 7:30pm

Arrival:
Friday, July 31st
Departure:
Sunday, August 2nd

COSTS:

Ferry Ride
: $80/per vehicle and $16/per driver/passenger. The return trip is included in that price. No deposit required. *kids under 11yo ride free.

Cabins: $56.37/per person - be prepared to pay me cash upon arrival
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FERRY RESERVATIONS

Arrival - Friday, July 31st
@12pm

1. @Yotahead52 - FZJ80
@ 2pm
1. @raanderson77 - UZJ100
2. Hunter - Wrangler
3. @AJR - F150
@ 4pm
1. @scj - UZJ100
2. @SFROMAN - F250
3. @forrest5000 - BJ73
4. @SeanLX - FZJ80

Departure - Sunday, August 2nd
@ 11am

1. @scj - UZJ100
2. @forrest5000 - BJ73
3. @SeanLX - UZJ80
@ 1pm
1. @raanderson77 - UZJ100
2. @SFROMAN - F250
3. @AJR - F150
4. Hunter - Wrangler
@ 3pm
1. @Yotahead52 - FZJ80
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ACCOMMODATIONS

Cabin 11 & 12

1. @raanderson77 - PAID
2. @raanderson77 guest - PAID
3. @GLTHFJ60 - ($39 credit) $17.37
4. @forrest5000 - ($39 credit) $17.37
5. @SeanLX - $56.37
6. @SFROMAN - $56.37
7. @SFROMAN guest - $56.37
8. @AJR $225.49
9. Soren
10. Mabel
11. Ida

Cabin 8
1. @Yotahead52
2. Erica
3. Hayden - 9 yo (girl)
4. Tavin - 5 yo (boy)
5. Matthew
6. Holly
7. Wyatt - 11 yo
8. Sawyer - 8 yo

Cabin 23
1. @scj
2. Oscar - 13 yo
3. Hunter - adult
4. Jack - 9 -yo

NOTEWORTHY:
  • Group meals provided Fri & Sat: Low Country boil Friday night & Fajitas Saturday night
  • There are no restaurants/vendors on the island. You will need to be sure that you have enough food/drink to last the entire weekend.
  • Bring your own linens or sleeping bags
  • The cabins include a private screened porch, a hot water heater, a private bathroom with shower, a table and chairs, a kitchen with propane oven/stove (propane included), bunk beds with mattresses, and a charcoal grill. The cabins do NOT include air conditioning, linens, bedding, cookware, or a refrigerator, and while they are wired for electricity, visitors must provide their own generator.
  • Island details: Cape Lookout National Seashore - OuterBanks.com

Last edited:
Currently I am planning to go by myself but I would really like to bring my two boys with me, Lucas 13 and Cruz 11, so if anybody else that wants to sign up for this trip and bring their kids post up and I will make plans to bring them with. I just want them to be able to hang out with other kids if I do bring them.

I'm in

Currently I am planning to go by myself but I would really like to bring my two boys with me, Lucas 13 and Cruz 11, so if anybody else that wants to sign up for this trip and bring their kids post up and I will make plans to bring them with. I just want them to be able to hang out with other kids if I do bring them.
My kiddos are 9 and 5. I will hit you up when I decide If they’re going.

Cape Lookout Trip July 31st – Aug 2nd

The plan is to arrive Friday afternoon and depart Sunday morning/afternoon. I have already made ferry reservations for 8 vehicles and rented two of the Great Island Cabins (#11 & 12), which sleep up to 8 people each. This trip will be limited to 8 vehicles, due to the constraints of the ferry. The ferry can only accommodate 4 vehicles at a time, so the ferry trips will have to be segmented in two time slots, both coming and going. If interested, please comment below and clarify your arrival/departure time slot. If you are staying in one of the cabins, please let me know how many people. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Arrival: Friday, July 31st, ferry reserved for 4-vehicles at 2pm and 4-vehicles at 4pm

Departure:
Sunday, August 2nd, ferry reserved for 4-vehicles at 11am and 4-vehicles at 1pm

COSTS:

Ferry Ride
: $80/per vehicle and $16/per driver/passenger. The return trip is included in that price. No deposit required. *kids under 11yo ride free.

Cabins: If we reach capacity (16 people), then the total for both nights comes out to $38/per person. The price per person will go up with less people per cabin. I will cancel the 2nd cabin if there is a lack of interest.

Island details: Cape Lookout National Seashore - OuterBanks.com

Ferry Reservations

Friday, July 31st
@ 2pm

1. @raanderson77
2. @Yotahead52
@ 4pm
1. John Phillips
2. @SFROMAN
3. @forrest5000

Sunday, August 2nd
@ 11am

1. John Phillips
2. @forrest5000
@ 1pm
1. @raanderson77
2. @SFROMAN
3. @Yotahead52

NOTEWORTHY:
  • If you reserve a spot and cannot attend, please let me know a minimum of 10-days in advanced. I have already paid the cabin reservations out of pocket and there are penalties for late cancellation.
  • There are two ferries and other available time slots. If the times reserved do not work for you or the trip fills up, you can always make your own accommodations and join us. In addition, there are still plenty of cabins available if you would be more comfortable in your own.
  • There are no restaurants/vendors on the island. You will need to be sure that you have enough food/drink to last the entire weekend. I will be bringing my Tembo Tusk Scottle, which people are welcome to use.
  • Tent camping is not allowed in the cabin area, except by minors - but there is a permit required. Anyone interested will be responsible for getting their own permit.
  • Bring your own linens or sleeping bags
  • Bugs can be bad, depending on the winds, so bug spray is a must
  • The cabins include a private screened porch, a hot water heater, a private bathroom with shower, a table and chairs, a kitchen with propane oven/stove (propane included), bunk beds with mattresses, and a charcoal grill. The cabins do NOT include air conditioning, linens, bedding, cookware, or a refrigerator, and while they are wired for electricity, visitors must provide their own generator. – One generator is already confirmed

The heat will suck but count me in too.

This trip filled up faster than expected.
The heat will suck but count me in too.
Do you want 2pm or 4pm for the trip over on Friday?

My slots may open on the ferry. Stay tuned. I actually Work 4/10 schedule so I’m off Friday anyway. I may Take Thursday and we might stay in New Bern Thursday night and catch an earlier ferry for folks with a tighter schedule. New Bern is a NC bucket list city. And guys don’t forget, on the way down through Raleigh, if you sidetrack to Ayden Nc two of the best BBQ places in the country are there. Sam Jones and the Skylight Inn. Ima call ferry in the am. I will Let y’all know. Great idea on this trip. I looked and there are quite a few open cabins down there for this weekend.

Last edited:
Oh and SFROMAN. My kids are coming as of right now. 9 and 5. Trying to get my buddy to come however. His are 10 and 8. I hope Somebody brings a girl. My daughter is always tomboy’n it up. She’s good either way though. My daughter is the 9 year old. If no girl we will just learn to shore fish

My slots may open on the ferry. Stay tuned. I actually Work 4/10 schedule so I’m off Friday anyway. I may Take Thursday and we might stay in New Bern Thursday night and catch an earlier ferry for folks with a tighter schedule. New Bern is a NC bucket list city. And guys don’t forget, on the way down through Raleigh, if you sidetrack to Ayden Nc two of the best BBQ places in the country are there. Sam Jones and the Skylight Inn. Ima call ferry in the am. I will Let y’all know. Great idea on this trip. I looked and there are quite a few open cabins down there for this weekend.
Skylight Inn is one of my all time favorites. My great grandfather was a farmer near Greenville and would drive an hour once a month to go eat there. Now I go to Sam Jones BBQ in Winterville when I'm visiting my grandmother. We've been eating at that place for years. Sam was scheduled to open a BBQ in Raleigh this summer, but COVID might have delayed that.

Oh and SFROMAN. My kids are coming as of right now. 9 and 5. Trying to get my buddy to come however. His are 10 and 8. I hope Somebody brings a girl. My daughter is always tomboy’n it up. She’s good either way though. My daughter is the 9 year old. If no girl we will just learn to shore fish

Thanks for the heads up. I will see if the boys want to come along with me. My older son loves fishing. I don’t have the patience for it but i tolerate it since it gives us something to do together.

Now that we have a full roster, @GLTHFJ60 @AJR @SFROMAN @forrest5000 @SeanLX..... can I get a rough head count for everyone (including guests) that will want to stay in a cabin? I'm not asking for 100% commitment yet, just want to have a general idea of interest. Due to the potentiality of bugs, a cabin with a screened in porch might a life saver. Not to mention, they will be a nice place to congregate. As of right now, there are still technically 14 spaces available. Feel free to rent your own cabin; just let me know. @Yotahead52 rented cabin #8 for him and the kids. This is everyone's trip. While I can't please everyone, feedback and ideas are encouraged.

We do not have to reach max capacity, but the price will go up per person. I will be looking for a committed headcount by June 1st.

Last edited:
I'm in for a cabin.

Do they have AC?
Sadly, they do not. But they do have bathrooms and hot running water. They don't have electricity, but are wired for generator hook-ups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom