Cape Lookout Trip - July 31st - August 2nd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey I just bought a window unit AC that I can bring if needed. I can also sign out a generator from work to bring with if needed.
Just let me know if they are needed.

@raanderson77 did the second cabin you booked fill up as well? I need To go back through the thread. This trip is shaping up bigtime !!
Yeah this here, if the second one isn’t full, I might need to think about getting it, or telling the kids they can’t go, or getting a different cabin.

@AJR and @SFROMAN as of right now, there are still 9 beds available between the two cabins.

A/C units & generators would be great. If we could come up w/ 2 generators & 2 A/C units to cover both cabins, I think we're set.

My friend is bringing one, but I think he decided to get his own cabin for the family. He will likely be bringing his 14 y/o son.

Last edited:
Reactions: AJR
I have a couple AC units, and a generator. Sounds like we'll be set.

I was thinking kid cabin and not kid cabin, is that a possibility?

I have a couple AC units, and a generator. Sounds like we'll be set.

I was thinking kid cabin and not kid cabin, is that a possibility?

That could be a possibility if you and @SFROMAN both bring the kids. As of right now, the adults would fill up one cabin, with a bed to spare. That leaves 9 total beds still available between the two cabins.

EDIT: @weekenderlander are you & the wife going to want beds in the cabins (there are plenty)? I just realized I never confirmed that w/ you once you locked in your ferry reservation.

Last edited:
Hey guys, as of right now, we have @weekenderlander @Yotahead52 @GLTHFJ60 @AJR @scj @SFROMAN @forrest5000 @SeanLX confirmed for this trip. Anyone on the fence/having second thoughts or is everyone still committed? We're only a few weeks away, so if anyone wants out, now is the time to speak up so we can fill your spot.

@GLTHFJ60 are you going to have Moonshine assembled by then? Either way, I'm sure you can air down the Ford if need be.

@weekenderlander are you and your wife planning on staying in one of the cabins?

@AJR and @SFROMAN if my memory serves me correct, you two are the only ones that have generously volunteered to bring generators and A/C units.

Not gonna have moonshine ready but I will ride with @SFROMAN

Last edited:
Still committed. Myself, wife, two kids, 9 and 5
Our friends with their 4Runner. They’re two adults and two kids. We have cabin 8. Closest one available to the other two.

I'm still in.

I’m still in. I am driving the f250 so have plenty of room. Johny said he would ride with me sinc emoonshine is still down.
I can bring a generator and a window ac unit.
how much fuel you guys think we need?

I'm still in and looking forward to it. (with an AC)

I am returning today and it was hot. Gorgeous island but hot as helllllll

I’m still in. I am driving the f250 so have plenty of room. Johny said he would ride with me sinc emoonshine is still down.
I can bring a generator and a window ac unit.
how much fuel you guys think we need?
As @scj pointed out, they are selling fuel on the island, but I have been told it's crazy expensive. I can bring two 5 gal jerry cans, one of which will be reserve fuel for the Cruiser and one for a generator. I have no idea how much fuel generators take, so I'm not sure how much to say. @AJR any insight on how much fuel a generator will burn in one night?

I’m still in, planning to bring all 3 kids, so need to figure out some sort of kid cabin plan.

The generator I have will suck down 5 gal in a night, at least. It may be a bit of an overkill, it’s a 8k watt I think. I’ll bring it, and somehow bring a gas can too, maybe I haul some chit over to Del the week before or something, or maybe it will all fit on my bumper cary thing. I do have another ac unit so we should be able to chill well, no matter how hot it is on hell island.

I just googled it, Del’s truck can haul 4300 lbs in the back, gas weighs 6.3 lbs per gallon, that’s 682.5 gallons, we should be good for a few days.

You think we need that much fuel though? Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom