Cape Lookout Trip - July 31st - August 2nd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The price range for most ferry’s I liked at was based on a 20 foot vehicle or less. Anything longer than 20 feet is additional cost. This was important to me because my F250 is just under 22 feet. I’m pretty sure my 80 and off road trailer are between 30 and 35 feet. But of course now I’m thinking about it and will have to measure it tomorrow.

The price range for most ferry’s I liked at was based on a 20 foot vehicle or less. Anything longer than 20 feet is additional cost. This was important to me because my F250 is just under 22 feet. I’m pretty sure my 80 and off road trailer are between 30 and 35 feet. But of course now I’m thinking about it and will have to measure it tomorrow.
I saw the max was like $360!?

I saw the max was like $360!?

You'd have to have a pretty big rig to reach $360. With 4 standard spots available at $85, you would have to be taking up the entire ferry. At worst, they would charge you for two spots at $170. But like @SFROMAN said, I think they charge you per foot after the initial 20'. Give them a call today. They are answer the phones from early morning until early evening.

@SFROMAN are you planning on bringing the trailer on this trip? If so, I'll need to let the ferry know.

Put me on the backup list. I'm going to try to arrange a time with one of the ferry services
You're on the backup list. Just let me know if you book a spot

I want to go
Please put me on the wait list
Zorro can stay in GVL

Cape Lookout Trip July 31st – Aug 2nd

UPDATE:
This trip filled up in less than 24 hrs. I'm happy to put people down on the waiting list i . . . . . . .
Etc.

I want to go
Please put me on the wait list
Zorro can stay in GVL

You're on the list. You might want to call the ferry and see if there are still alternate spots available. @weekenderlander called this morning a got a reservation.

You're on the list. You might want to call the ferry and see if there are still alternate spots available. @weekenderlander called this morning a got a reservation.
Doesn't matter too muchly. Where does the ferry leave from I'll just get there early and stay there until I get on a ferry.

One more thing:
what are the dates? If it still Jun 31 starting I need to cancel another trip which includes an airline already booked. I need to go to Salt Lake City for a few days.

Doesn't matter too muchly. Where does the ferry leave from I'll just get there early and stay there until I get on a ferry.
Ferry leaves from Davis, NC. There is the Davis Shore Ferry & the CALO Ferry. They are right next to each other and unload on the same dock at Cape Lookout

One more thing:
what are the dates? If it still Jun 31 starting I need to cancel another trip which includes an airline already booked. I need to go to Salt Lake City for a few days.
Yes, still July 31st - August 2nd. All of the details are on the original post on page 1 of this thread.

When I called they had multiple time slots left around the times in the initial post so I'm sure it wouldn't be to hard to snag one

What’s up folks?? I’m curious if anyone had kiddo updates. Mine are going 9 and 5, and my buddy is bringing his, 8 and 11. He is freshly minted Yota guy. I got Him to buy my uncles 4Runner. It’s a 1999 with 55,000 original miles!! This was my initial reason for booking another cabin as I didnt see and commitments for kids going, just possibly. Just wondering if anyone had made a decision to bring others along. Looking forward to the Cape !!

I think @SFROMAN wanted to bring his kids. @AJR would you be bringing the kids?

So its looking like probably, I need to talk with @Yotahead52 about that other cabin to see if there's room. At this point all 3 of mine want to go.

I still don't know if my boys are coming with. I think for me I wont know until at least 2 weeks out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom