Cape Lookout Trip - July 31st - August 2nd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We posted up last night in New Bern. After replacing the radiator that i already replaced the night before!! During a a little shake down running around town the trans cooler section of the first replacement blew out, pumped out all the trans fluid and left me sitting. I made It to a parking lot, AAA back home. So at 5pm Wednesday night i was in the driveway, pouring fluid, undercarriage soaked, with a busted radiator and busted dreams lol. I said “No way” started all over again with another radiator Wednesday night til about 11pm. My dad came to help. He works on zero vehicles. So that was big. Thank goodness i ordered 2 radiators from 2 different places Incase there was an issue.!! So guess what. The radiator didn’t fit. 1inch too narrow. Started looking. Radiators came from same factory, from appearances, but brackets were different. So you guessed it. Swapped the brackets and it fits !! So i finished the second one and tested the truck Thursday a.m. Loaded up and rolled out for a full stop shakedown this time. So far so good. Sorry that probably should have been a separate post !!!!! We are here, damn the torpedos!!!

Way to make it happen! See you this afternoon.

There is a gas station less than a mile from the ferry if anyone wants to top off last minute.

We posted up last night in New Bern. After replacing the radiator that i already replaced the night before!! During a a little shake down running around town the trans cooler section of the first replacement blew out, pumped out all the trans fluid and left me sitting. I made It to a parking lot, AAA back home. So at 5pm Wednesday night i was in the driveway, pouring fluid, undercarriage soaked, with a busted radiator and busted dreams lol. I said “No way” started all over again with another radiator Wednesday night til about 11pm. My dad came to help. He works on zero vehicles. So that was big. Thank goodness i ordered 2 radiators from 2 different places Incase there was an issue.!! So guess what. The radiator didn’t fit. 1inch too narrow. Started looking. Radiators came from same factory, from appearances, but brackets were different. So you guessed it. Swapped the brackets and it fits !! So i finished the second one and tested the truck Thursday a.m. Loaded up and rolled out for a full stop shakedown this time. So far so good. Sorry that probably should have been a separate post !!!!! We are here, damn the torpedos!!!
You are a rockstar!

Would you ****ing believe that the whole island is shut down now because of the hurricane?

Buuuuuuulllllssssssssshhhhhhhhiiiiiiittttttttt

Audible to maybe ft Fisher. Meeting at Jr cigars in 20 min or so to come up with a new plan.

Would you f***ing believe that the whole island is shut down now because of the hurricane?

Buuuuuuulllllssssssssshhhhhhhhiiiiiiittttttttt

Man, I hate this for you guys! Hope you are able to find a fun alternative

Awesome awesome awesome trip to Frisco this weekend. Huge thanks to @raanderson77 for organizing this much needed vacation.

Huge thanks to you too @SFROMAN for letting me ride with you :D

Thank you everyone for a stellar weekend! I'm really impressed with everyone's willingness to pivot and execute a plan B so quickly on Friday morning. As disappointing as it was to learn about the Cape Lookout closure, everyone worked together to take a s***ty situation and turn it into a fun and memorable weekend.

Where's all the pictures?

But here is what I did take

20200801_201508.jpg

20200731_155249.jpg

20200731_154900.jpg

Folks I cannot even begin to tell you how disappointed I was to not make it out to Frisco. I brought some other folks with me trying to make things a little easier for my kids and such. That kind of backfired on me when everything changed Friday. I was totally down to go buy tents and head to Frisco as well but I was not getting what I needed from the other folks in the group at a 100% participation level. On top of that I had made two days of extraordinary effort trying to get the truck ready going through two brand new radiators before leaving. To get that far and then to not have people down to do what it took to get the weekend done was a little bit of a soul crusher. They simply did not want to be in a tent in the heat. I guess you either have the gumption or you don’t. Hopefully I will see some of you folks at Over the mountain tour with Upstate Cruisers. Im already paid and registered and I’m going on that one by myself.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom