Cape Lookout Trip - July 31st - August 2nd (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got the meat and the rest of the food for Saturday evenings dinner. Going to prep everything tonight , package it and have it ready to go to throw in the ARB fridge Friday morning. $140 for the food. I bought 10 pounds of meat. Wanted to make sure we have enough for every body. No such thing as too much meat - that’s what she said, haha

Just got the meat and the rest of the food for Saturday evenings dinner. Going to prep everything tonight , package it and have it ready to go to throw in the ARB fridge Friday morning. $140 for the food. I bought 10 pounds of meat. Wanted to make sure we have enough for every body. No such thing as too much meat - that’s what she said, ha
Bringing you an ac cord , found a spare you can have.

Regarding gas cans, these generators are going to burn about a gallon per hour running the air conditioners. Del and I will have enough gas for our cabin (10-15gal running only at night for a few hours), but who will be bringing gas cans with gas for the second cabin?

@AJR @forrest5000 @SeanLX

I was planning on bringing some.

Was planning on filling them up in sc on the way up.

Thought I had put gas in the jerry cans, but obviously I didn't. They have rust . I will bring a 6 gallon can, and a diesel. I can stop and get another. on the way.

This looks like it will be an truly awesome trip no matter the weather forecast. Bravo @raanderson77

Thought I had put gas in the jerry cans, but obviously I didn't. They have rust . I will bring a 6 gallon can, and a diesel. I can stop and get another. on the way.

I have another if you'll fill it.

Reactions: AJR
Last call for that open ferry reservation. I will be calling after lunch to cancel

This looks like it will be an truly awesome trip no matter the weather forecast. Bravo @raanderson77

Was just gonna say that. Looks like you guys will have a blast. Wish I was going. It’s been too damn long. I wanna argue and talk trash with you guys face to face, this internet banter sucks.

Have fun!

Just spoke with the ferry. The addition of two long trucks, both on the same ferry has complicated things. There may have to be some shuffling. @SFROMAN you may get bumped to the 4pm trip over. She is asking us to get there at 1:30pm so if they can rearrange things, they can still throw us on. Also the return slots may have to get rearranged. I have already volunteered to jump on the 3pm (Sunday) which will free up space on the 1pm. She is currently working on the boat layouts to make it work with minimal disruption and will be calling me once she is done. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I'll post updates as soon as I have them.

Okay, just go off the phone with the ferry. The girl I'm working with was able to keep everyone where they are at for the most part. The only changes are @SFROMAN is probably getting bumped to the Friday 4pm spot. While not ideal, it's the least possible disruption to the current schedule.

Last edited:
Anyone else bringing an evirocooler, that needs an ac plug? I have a spare transformer.

Please plan to show up with cash for what you owe for your bed and to pay @SFROMAN and @AJR for your dinner.

We posted up last night in New Bern. After replacing the radiator that i already replaced the night before!! During a a little shake down running around town the trans cooler section of the first replacement blew out, pumped out all the trans fluid and left me sitting. I made It to a parking lot, AAA back home. So at 5pm Wednesday night i was in the driveway, pouring fluid, undercarriage soaked, with a busted radiator and busted dreams lol. I said “No way” started all over again with another radiator Wednesday night til about 11pm. My dad came to help. He works on zero vehicles. So that was big. Thank goodness i ordered 2 radiators from 2 different places Incase there was an issue.!! So guess what. The radiator didn’t fit. 1inch too narrow. Started looking. Radiators came from same factory, from appearances, but brackets were different. So you guessed it. Swapped the brackets and it fits !! So i finished the second one and tested the truck Thursday a.m. Loaded up and rolled out for a full stop shakedown this time. So far so good. Sorry that probably should have been a separate post !!!!! We are here, damn the torpedos!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom