Can you fit ambulance doors to an FJ40 without notching the tub? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, but just what notch are y'all talking about? My wifes 40 (year is complicated) came to us with ambo doors, but the passenger side top doesn't seal and it didn't have a catch at the bottom for the drivers ambo door. Tub is from an Aussie 75, no clue in the universe what the top is off of. If there is a notch to fit things properly I may well be barking up the wrong tree trying to figure out how to seal things up properly...

Clark

EDIT - Based upon some more research, the top is a post '77 because it has the pop out rear windows. Tub is claimed to be an Aussie 75 that the PO swapped the firewall on to keep it RHD, but it has the 75 and later windshield with the wipers under the glass.

Your from Central Arizona? What are you calling Central Arizona?

Sorry guys, been busy with work.

Better pic

IMG_9741.jpeg

Again, filled stock holes (for lower hinge). You can see difference in pic (apparently not a smooth fill job few years back, lol)

image.jpg

As to OP about tub modifying, I never did and this is how it sits. Hope this helps.

Nik

image.jpg

Have a picture of the inside of the doors open. The areas that contact the tub. Looks like the edge may be trimmed down.
Have a few sets of ambulance doors at another location. Best pictures I could find.
IMG_20190831_161238739.jpg

PXL_20230917_175531421.jpg

Possible around them in the next week.

Only latches with header catch. Do not have a lower catch, little rattling but nothing abnormal for a 40. 😂. The rear tire rest against the door keeping all relatively tight.

I can open the doors and take any other pics if someone needs. I know for sure I never trimmed anything for my application.

Who knows if I would do it again, just simply a solution that has worked well (even wheeling with them on) for 25yrs or so.

Nik

Not around any of my FJ40 hard tops 68-79. Would take a picture of where the tub and hard tops met in the back. Pretty sure the narrowest part on the tub and hard top is the same. The top is notched so the hatch fits flush. Stayed the same on Ambulance doors. The tub was notched then for ambulance doors to fit flush. A straight edge on back of a barn door hard top could highlight if that's true or not.
IMG_20190725_131652377.jpg
IMG_2516.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom