can windows bew opened closed via key fob? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
have two old premium vehicles that can do this. and i read that it can be programmed for the 2018 lc200's at the dealership... is this reliable information? can the windows indeed be opened and or closed using the key remote?

Yes it can be programmed. I have it working on my 2011 as well as my dad's 2017. You can do it yourself if you have Techstream.

They can be programmed to open by holding the Unlock button on the remote. But I don't think the close option works. I found the setting in Techstream and enabled it, but it doesn't work, nothing happens. Must be a liability thing in the US versions. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

You can close all windows and roof from outside with the key in the fob, by inserting into the drivers door lock and holding to the right. Awkward but it does work if enabled.

I could be wrong, but I don't think tech stream is required to enable it.

Have a look in your manual. There are steps there in custom functions that will activate.

Not sure what the default is, but mine was already set to open windows when the car is off/locked.
-To do this, you press and HOLD the unlock button.
*If you continue holding, it will finish all four window opening...then open the roof (gotta keep holding). If you only want a partial open, just release when it's open to your preference.

Woah...mine does that too. I had no idea.

Ya, it’s one of many features I suspect many just miss because it’s buried in the manual, and is not self evident.

You can also customize quite a few other things related to locking, unlocking...whether the door handle grab sensor unlocks all or just driver door...and other items.

Look up custom functions. Even my 08 has these. I’d imagine they’ve added more since.

Ok are we saying that it can be enabled even without tech stream or visiting the dealership.. Please tell me how it's done! I called the local dealer and unfortunately they don't understand this feature so nobody knows how it can be activated

I asked the dealer to check and, while the open function works (including the sunroof if you choose), the close function does not.

I just walked out to the driveway and held down the unlock button my my fob....viola, windows went down.

Ok are we saying that it can be enabled even without tech stream or visiting the dealership.. Please tell me how it's done! I called the local dealer and unfortunately they don't understand this feature so nobody knows how it can be activated

If you have the factory nav then you may be able to enable it. If you don't have nav then you need Techstream

I'm relatively sure you have to use Techstream to change this setting. This is a scan from the Owner's Manual in my '15:

15Customization0001.jpg

15Customization0002.jpg

The setting is the "Wireless remote control linked operation", and since there is only a "O" in the 3rd column, it "can be changed by your Toyota dealer".

Maybe it's different in later versions. Check your manual.

Everybody here should have a copy of Techstream and the special cable, it's easy and cheap. Also, get one of those ODB2 bluetooth dongles and a copy of Torque on your phone or tablet (not available for iOS).

I'm relatively sure you have to use Techstream to change this setting. This is a scan from the Owner's Manual in my '15:

Maybe it's different in later versions. Check your manual.

Everybody here should have a copy of Techstream and the special cable, it's easy and cheap. Also, get one of those ODB2 bluetooth dongles and a copy of Torque on your phone or tablet (not available for iOS).

Same situation ( - - O ) for my '17 model.

Pretty sure what was found out is that "all open" can be done (and I have that) but "all close" is not available in the US market. We like to sue too much I'm sure.

That being said, I have on more than one occasion, walked out to find all of my windows down. Also, I have once had someone come into my office to let me know all of my windows are down in the middle of a downpour. I'm too lazy to disable it but if I had the option easily on the menu system to do so? I would. I don't carry 3lbs of keys in my pocket but I do park the vehicle within range of my office desk so just a little heads up that it's easier to trigger windows down than one might would think.

I have a 2014 and my windows do NOT open when holding down the unlock button. My last two cars were Lexus and they both did it. It must be a dealer option only....at least as far as the 14 is concerned.

That being said, I have on more than one occasion, walked out to find all of my windows down.

This is one of the biggest reasons why I don't keep my fob in my pocket during the day at the office. I either keep it in my jacket pocket, or toss it in my desk drawer. My truck is parked right outside my office, and it would be easy for me to sit on the fob just the right way and have all the windows get rolled down, sunroof open, and on a rainy day like today, that would totally suck.

I have a 2014 and my windows do NOT open when holding down the unlock button. My last two cars were Lexus and they both did it. It must be a dealer option only....at least as far as the 14 is concerned.

I had to use Techstream with my '11 to change it as well.

I had the dealer activate the window feature on my 2014.

Ya, I think I was forgetting which functions I programmed. You can change settings of how & when doors lock and some other functions, but I think my window-open function was just on by default.

I really wish we had access to the window-close option...

When I had this done at the dealership, the service manager said that it’s a Toyota Safety issue that doesn’t allow the windows to shut. Basically, they don’t want kids or dogs dying in the trucks on hot days.

ok it seems that this feature can simply be activated at the dealership. Unfortunately the dealers here seem to be oblivious to this fact. They dont even know what i am talking about. has anybody watched how its done. i will be able to ask them to connect the computer but might be better if i already know how to go to the menu that allow me to modify these features...

I had to explain that I wanted this done to the service manager (along with deactivating the seatbelt alarm) after the service advisor didn’t know what I was talking about (and had told me it was illegal to turn off the seatbelt alarm — it’s not). No idea what they have to do to make it happen but after I communicated with the SM they did both things successfully...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom