Can I turn down the torsion bar in my steering box? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The burried end is knurled and pressed into the valve stem to keep it from coming apart

For science tho?

So, now this boondoggle is science? I can keep messing with it, but will be in training most of next week, so?

So, now this boondoggle is science? I can keep messing with it, but will be in training most of next week, so?
Yes. Boondoggles are science. Youll solve this problem and then @landtank or @LandCruiserPhil can sell them for several hundred dollars.

Training?

Dude! SOMEBODY’s gotta teach us how to wheel? :worms:

I need this class. I thought it was some sort of hypnobirthing thing or something

Haven't been following thisctgread but was tagged for some reason.

I recently repaired my steering box by replacing the drive screw. It was about 500.00 and it really helped with lowering the steering effort and burning the fluid.

The main reason for the replacement was excessive rotational play that couldn't be adjusted out.

Before messing around with whatever I'd make sure you baseline the gearbox to better realize the improvement.

That way I dont waste my time copying a worthless design.

Haven't been following thisctgread but was tagged for some reason.

I recently repaired my steering box by replacing the drive screw. It was about 500.00 and it really helped with lowering the steering effort and burning the fluid.

The main reason for the replacement was excessive rotational play that couldn't be adjusted out.

Before messing around with whatever I'd make sure you baseline the gearbox to better realize the improvement.

That way I dont waste my time copying a worthless design.
Lol. So the ball screw or nut? Or both? And how did you acquire?

I need this class. I thought it was some sort of hypnobirthing thing or something

That sounds way too much like work! This is just trail design, building, sustainability and management or some kinda thing. Someone is thinking they can teach old dogs new tricks.

We're not going to learn how to do the wheeling, we're going to learn how to make the wheeling!

Just incase anyone here gives a s***, I had my local power steer guy, machine 0.8mm off the torsion bar, will install the box in the next week or two, and report back. I too dont like the heavy steering.

Just increase the PS pump pressure a bit. Pressure, not volume. Ram assist is always an optiontoo.

Mark...

Just incase anyone here gives a s***, I had my local power steer guy, machine 0.8mm off the torsion bar, will install the box in the next week or two, and report back. I too dont like the heavy steering.
Did you ever have this done?

So, what happened with this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom