Can I see your sliders? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am about to make a go of fabbing up some sliders. Trouble is I have no idea where to start. Have seen a good bit on the forums but nothing up close and personal.

I would like to take a look at somw local rigs and pull some dimensions.

Lemme know if you are willing to meet up - maybe at Edwin's or wherever is convenient.

If all goes well we can have this conversation again when I'm ready for bumpers :grinpimp:

Charles

What rig are you putting them on?

My Rig is at Edwin's right now. you can check it out if you're in the area.

I had mine made by a guy in Canada. Cruisinoffroad is his company

IMG-20110826-00284.jpg

IMG-20110826-00285.jpg

IMG-20110930-00348.jpg

IMG-20110826-00284.jpg

IMG-20110826-00285.jpg

IMG-20110930-00348.jpg

Very cool

Thanks guys. I have a place to start now. I will be picking the 80 up from Edwin today or tomorrow and will poke around the shop.

Thanks for the links - this is exactly what I need.

I have access to tube benders so I should be able to mangae a pretty cheap build out of this.

Tube bender! You're my new friend :)

Here's a really good write-up that Zane did in the 100-forum. It is a simple design and came out looking good.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/199439-100-series-slider-build-w-pics.html
I need to double check my benders to see just how big I can go on the diam. Think 1.25 would work. They are manual crank benders so am little concerned about wall thickness too. The link you sent me from Marlin is using .120 wall and I think they can handle that.

On Zanes build you sent he used U-bolts to connect the over the frame up to the gussets. Is that common? Seems questionable to me - but I really have no idea.

Yep, u-bolts are used by a bunch of manufacturers like Slee and Metal Tech. You just have to use some high strength grade 8 bolts.

Another method is to use use straight bolts and just sandwich the frame member between two plates.

I don't know if Metal-Tech still makes this, but they had a DIY kit for the frame plates and u-bolts: https://forum.ih8mud.com/vendor-mar...-mount-kit-rub-rail-kits-174-95-274-95-a.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom