Events/Trails Camping trip - City of Rocks State Park, near Silver City. April 16 - 18, 2021 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, since it seems like we have a pretty significant turn out, which is exciting, and since this date corresponds with our breakfast meeting every 3rd Saturday, I would propose that our April breakfast post would offer two locations for the club meeting. Those members that are not camping could gather at the Daily Grind while the camping members would be "meeting" via our event at City of Rocks. This way, it would be clear that many of us will not be at the Daily Grind location.

If this sounds good, then I'll post up accordingly after our breakfast this Saturday.

Oh hey, me LIKEY . I'm thinking pancakes and coffee at Poupon's castle on wheels.....:hmm:

Welp, campground is full that weekend. If you snooze, you lose.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if there is disperse camping or other campgrounds in the area for members that wish to still join?
Faywwod Hot Springs, near City of Rocks, is showing they have RV and tent sites available, but I recommend calling them to find out for sure.
1-575-536-9663
Temperate Zone RV Park, Hidden Valley Ranch RV Park also in area. I don't have first hand knowledge about these places near City of Rocks SP.

Last edited:
Faywwod Hot Springs, near City of Rocks, is showing they have RV and tent sites available, but I recommend calling them to find out for sure.
1-575-536-9663
Temperate Zone RV Park, Hidden Valley Ranch RV Park also in area. I don't have first hand knowledge about these places near City of Rocks SP.
I have first hand knowledge of Faywood Hot Springs and it’s a great place, wonderful hot springs by the hour or if you’re camping. Gate might close early. Worth a call to check it out. City of Rocks gate closes at 10:00 pm (or is it 8:00 pm, I don’t remember).

Welp, campground is full that weekend. If you snooze, you lose.
Hey ya Jeff & Mary, your gonna have to come up with a better excuse not to come .

1-575-536-9663

I have first hand knowledge of Faywood Hot Springs and it’s a great place, wonderful hot springs by the hour or if you’re camping. Gate might close early. Worth a call to check it out. City of Rocks gate closes at 10:00 pm (or is it 8:00 pm, I don’t remember).
Thanks Jeff and Stephen! Great nuggets of info.

ASH - maybe you could edit the launch message and place some info on the Faywood Hot Spring campground as an alternative/backup place to get a site for the weekend.

View attachment 2609942
Heres what i found for averages of silver city, so id assume something close to this im hoping for the warmer side!
City of Rocks weather more in line with Deming than Silver City. Should be warmer than Silver City shows.

Just saw that on the night of April 17th the Moon and Mars will be seen close together and City of Rocks is an excellent place for stargazing.

Just saw that on the night of April 17th the Moon and Mars will be seen close together and City of Rocks is an excellent place for stargazing.
If I get enough of the work done on my truck by the time this campout happens I will try to be there. I'll bring the telescope if I do make it down.

Hey everyone. We wont be able to make next weekends camping trip. If anyone is interested in our spot let me know.
Surely someone will want it. Which site?

Looks like its gone already or the reservation system hasn't processed the cancelation.

Looks like its gone already or the reservation system hasn't processed the cancelation.
Probably gone but you never know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom