Camping trip - City of Rocks State Park, near Silver City. April 16 - 18, 2021 (1 Viewer)

Any rally points/ caravan action tomorrow? I am gonna try and hit the road early but won't be upset if I leave at noon.

I will be packing my .22 and hopefully bring in some rattler steaks!!!

Yup. Watch out for the Mojave green rattlers. I have seen 2 of them here at my place. They are extremely aggressive, they don't just coil and rattle like a prairie rattler. They will chase after you. Remember to step on rocks to get over them, don't just step over.
Hijack warning...

Thoughts on this guy...Mojave Green? He was fat and not aggressive but we stayed 5' + away.

IMG_0130.jpeg

alia176

SILVER Star
Justin,

I'm unsure of our ETD as I'm STILL fabricating on the camper :bang: I'll text you as we are pulling out but it won't be before noon, I'm thinking.

A good place for a convoy to meetup before heading south is at the dirt lot across from Subway, Gibson exit off of I-25. This is an easy on/off freeway access. Starbuck's is next door :cool:

35.058740018239604, -106.63563933021219

I'll update this thread as we're pulling out and have a better ETD.

Ham radio freq 146.400

Any rally points/ caravan action tomorrow? I am gonna try and hit the road early but won't be upset if I leave at noon.

I will be packing my .22 and hopefully bring in some rattler steaks!!!

I guess I'm a second for .22

Damn rattlesnakes... but I needed a reason to wear my 6 shooter =P

Never mind, the confirmation says they can give away your spot if you don't contact them by 4pm the day after your scheduled arrival date. Looks like we're good to go. See you guys by the fire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom