Camping trip - City of Rocks State Park, near Silver City. April 16 - 18, 2021 (1 Viewer)

alia176

SILVER Star
For our first camping trip of the season, I'm doing a nice & easy trip down south to the City of Rocks. This place is really cool and worth a visit. Nearby Silver City is close enough for a quick jaunt to nose around. Bring your dogs, kids, MTBs, climbing ropes, Class A, C, motor homes, trailers, tents, etc :hillbilly: We'll be departing ABQ on Friday, 16th, maybe before noon (I hope) and returning home on Sun, 18th.

CG has water and toilets, see below for more info. I grabbed a non-electric site #6 but you can grab whatever you wish.

Nice YT video on this CG:
City of Rocks
Site:
mail
6 Lyra Vega Star
Site Type: Camping
Loop: MAIN CAMPGROUND (NON-ELECTRIC)
Primary Occupant: A A
Occupants: 5
# of Vehicles: 1
Equipment: 1 Pop up
# Of Pets: 0
Arrival Date: Fri Apr 16 2021
Check-in Time: 4:00 PM
Departure Date: Sun Apr 18 2021
Check-out Time: 2:00 PM

If this CG is full, check out below:

Faywwod Hot Springs, near City of Rocks, is showing they have RV and tent sites available, but I recommend calling them to find out for sure.
1-575-536-9663
Temperate Zone RV Park, Hidden Valley Ranch RV Park also in area.

Sites Owners
1 Kyle
2 Aaron, Sarai
3 Larry
4 Jon
6 Ali, Isabelle
7 Jacob
8 jbnmt4r, wife
14 Vince

29 Stephen, wife
34 Justin
39 Pat, Susan

Last edited:
thinking of joining, I have never been here. of the spots that are left is there any you'd recommend? just curious thinking maybe 7 or 10 from the looks in the video

For my first camping trip of the season, I'm doing a nice & easy trip down south to the City of Rocks. This place is really cool and worth a visit. Nearby Silver City is close enough for a quick jaunt to nose around. Bring your dogs, kids, MTBs, climbing ropes, Class A, C, motor homes, trailers, tents, etc :hillbilly: I'll be departing ABQ on Friday, 16th, maybe before noon (I hope) and returning home on Sun, 18th.

CG has water and toilets, see below for more info. I grabbed non-electric site but you can grab whatever you wish.

I grabbed spot #6

Nice YT video on this CG:
City of Rocks
Site:
mail
6 Lyra Vega Star
Site Type: Camping
Loop: MAIN CAMPGROUND (NON-ELECTRIC)
Primary Occupant: A A
Occupants: 5
# of Vehicles: 1
Equipment: 1 Pop up
# Of Pets: 0
Arrival Date: Fri Apr 16 2021
Check-in Time: 4:00 PM
Departure Date: Sun Apr 18 2021
Check-out Time: 2:00 PM
my wife and I are booked for site 8! will probably have to leave a bit after 12 as I have a class at 12 to 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom