Calgary teaser.. 4 sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So im thinking about maybe listing my truck for sale.. but really have absolutely no clue what to list it for... so please chime in

1997 FZJ80 with a super charger, truck tuned great, all pm up to date, 165,000 miles, 3" OME lift, ARB bumper, 8000lb winch, center diff lock, sliders, 33" BFG AT tires. Interior leather is used, and not in super great shape.

So.. what do you think this truck is worth in CDN?

How about some pics, eh?

only have a few pics... but you get the idea
November 2007 017.jpg
gull 3.jpg

I'd say about $9,500 with the supercharger (U.S.) if everything is working.

1,058,930 loonies :flipoff2:
austin-powers-mike-myers-as-dr-evil4.jpg

I'd say about $9,500 with the supercharger (U.S.) if everything is working.

i would say around this much or a but more, have a look on kijiji and the calgary and edmonton buy and sell. I did see someone post a similar 80 with RTT for like $24K, mind you its been there quite a while and Ill bet its gonna be for sale a long while still ;)

why you wanna sell it?

X2 on why you wanting to sell? hows the motor & S/C? if everything on it is minty and good to go, you could easily ask in the 12's and get close to it im sure. hows 80 prices been in calgary? the usual prices here in bc still..hi & lo, nothing in between. 81s are dropping however...

I'll make this my first post on MUD to help a fellow Calgarian out. I've been lurking here since I bought mine in Feb 2009. Its a 1997 FZJ80 with 80,000 miles (at the time of purchase), stock lockers, and mint condition. Leather is in great shape and the body is mint! Not even a door ding anywhere! Have service records since 60,000 miles. I had been searching in Canada for over 3 months at the time. Very hard to find one in good shape. I paid $13,000 CDN for it. One may think that was a bit much, but if you consider the option of buying one in the US, including GST, duty, inspections, $1000 for flights and travel time and the PITA factor, this would equate to $9,000 US. And last year with the exchange rate this would have been a very fair price for a clean 80.
Hope this helps. Good luck with the sale if you decide to sell. I've seen this Cruiser as his lives not to far from me.

Cheers.

I'll make this my first post on MUD to help a fellow Calgarian out. I've been lurking here since I bought mine in Feb 2009. Its a 1997 FZJ80 with 80,000 miles (at the time of purchase), stock lockers, and mint condition. Leather is in great shape and the body is mint! Not even a door ding anywhere! Have service records since 60,000 miles. I had been searching in Canada for over 3 months at the time. Very hard to find one in good shape. I paid $13,000 CDN for it. One may think that was a bit much, but if you consider the option of buying one in the US, including GST, duty, inspections, $1000 for flights and travel time and the PITA factor, this would equate to $9,000 US. And last year with the exchange rate this would have been a very fair price for a clean 80.
Hope this helps. Good luck with the sale if you decide to sell. I've seen this Cruiser as his lives not to far from me.

Cheers.

Its not too bad bringing one back from the US, we picked up a 92 fj80 in vegas, visited the grand canyon, and drove through to the west coast/olympic penninsula. The cruiser was a stock 92 fj80 i bought off of ebay for $3K.

It isnt a fair comparison to leather and lockers, but bang for the buck, you can always go SBC or diesel and lockers after the fact.

By the way welcome to the forum, You should post an intro and pics!

you better let me know if your selling this.... I'd be interested!!

I too bought my truck from the states last year. The extra costs weren't that bad at all. got a decent one way ticket there but the fuel mileage sucks on the ride home :)

But I've some crazy people asking outrageous prices for their rigs on various canadian sites. Like 15k for a 97 w/o lockers, 16-17k for HDJs etc. Nevermind if it's a lexus, people up here think those are minted in gold. I'm not sure if they sell them or what, but I've often wondered if a guy could make a buck bringing up a couple cruisers a year to canuckistan.

the truck is in great shape.. serviced at Pro Active since i have owned it (3plus years)... if you folllow any of my posts it had a new engine installed this summer, and its been great since blowing up the orig on the coaq!

Literally the only reason to sell is that we have a 03 deisel golf, and a 05 touareg..probaby starting to commute quite regularily to saskatoon... so driving the cruiser might just not make sense... plus i have a 73FJ40 sitting in the garage for playing around with.

If i do decide to sell, it wont be an easy choice....

It is nice to see all the fellow calgary 80-heads poke thier necks out to say hello.

Colin

seriously let me know if you going to sell this, I'd take a look at it!!

I think ill try listing it high.. see what the interest is.

Bro .. you are crazy to sell it for less than $14,000 CDN. I got my truck in the US as well and although it is easy to do, there is a good chance that someone up here that KNOWS the value of an 80 series in good condition will give you a decent buck rather than take the time to search out a truck in the US, fly and drive it, get it inspected, bla bla bla.

If you can get a RHD 70 series from Japan that's in good shape, it's gonna cost you at least $14K and you can't even get it fully ensured in Alberta anymore!

Basically all I am saying is don't give it away .. you don't have too.

good luck!

Cheers.

As far as I am concerned bro .. you STOLE it from whoever you bought it from. I would pay $16,000 CDN for a truck like that, no questions asked. LOW LOW mileage, full service records, mint condition, well taken care of, lockers as well.
There is an example of someone that DIDN'T know what they had.

So im thinking about maybe listing my truck for sale.. but really have absolutely no clue what to list it for... so please chime in

1997 FZJ80 with a super charger, truck tuned great, all pm up to date, 165,000 miles, 3" OME lift, ARB bumper, 8000lb winch, center diff lock, sliders, 33" BFG AT tires. Interior leather is used, and not in super great shape.

So.. what do you think this truck is worth in CDN?

Just curious but your signature line notes a Warn9000 lb winch and front and rear lockers while your description in your post mentions a 8000 lb warn and center diff lock. Could you please clarify.

Cheers

As far as I am concerned bro .. you STOLE it from whoever you bought it from. I would pay $16,000 CDN for a truck like that, no questions asked. LOW LOW mileage, full service records, mint condition, well taken care of, lockers as well.
There is an example of someone that DIDN'T know what they had.

Thanks Kaos. Makes me feel a bit better. I'm always of the attitude to pay for quality (you get what you pay for). I thought $13M was a bit high for an older vehicle, but I new what I was getting into. Plus knowing how it was taken care of I was willing to pay a bit more, rather than finding a cheaper 80 and put more PM into it. Plus I don't have the time to go the the US and get one. That's just me.

As a comparison, I sold a 2003 Jeep Rubicon for $15,000 with 60,000 km. I needed the 4 doors for the growing family. Hard to believe I sold a 6 year newer machine for only $2,000 more. Then again you're comparing apples to donuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom